SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdevgryff

Cabinet color HELP for Sea Pearl (New Madre Perla) w/pics in comments

C DeV
4 years ago

All pics will be in comments.

I have picked out Sea Pearl (New Madre Perla) Quartzite for my kitchen counter tops – both island and perimeter. I need to pick cabinet color(s) and I need HELP. This is new construction. I envision light perimeter cabinets (both bottom and uppers) and a darker island. I have painted so many sample boards of various whites and blues/grays for the island. I am not confident at all and fear making an expensive mistake. I consulted an interior design person and she proposed:

Cabinets: SW Aesthetic White (it does coordinate with the Sea Pearl)

Island: SW Foggy Day (it looks too light to me)

Trim/Doors: SW Aesthetic White

Kitchen is in a north facing great room. It does not touch any trim. I am attaching oodles of pictures below after my questions and concerns and thoughts. All pics of paint samples taken with natural lighting in the north facing room (no lights or flashes).

My questions/concerns:

• SW Aesthetic white is much more of a beige look than I originally envisioned. Though it does appear to be just off white on my sample boards and does seem to look nice against the Sea Pearl. Is this color an odd choice for cabinetry? I can’t seem to figure out which light color would be best. None of what I originally thought would work seem right.
  • If I use Aesthetic white for doors/trim is that a hard color to work with when choosing wall colors? Is it limiting? I don’t want colors and whatnot to clash.
  • I had always envisioned a lighter color for trim (SW Pure White for example) but will that compete and look odd with off white kitchen cabinets? I’m not against SW Aesthetic White for trim/doors. I just can’t envision the look.
  • SW Foggy Day is too light so I went down one chip on the paint strip and selected SW Grays Harbor for my sample board. (I have this color on a large wall in our business and I love it. But that doesn’t always translate to another space with different lighting). Does SW Grays Harbor even coordinate with Sea Pearl?
  • I will be selecting a wood floor with some warmth, though will avoid overt orange or red tones. I don’t care for that look. I took pics below with a sample board of wood that I like – though it still may be too dark. Is this even the correct direction for color and tone or should I be looking at something lighter? More gray? More warm?

I would appreciate input and guidance. This is daunting and I'm at about the end of my rope.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz