SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shermybeagle

Help with 30" duel fuel oven decision...Thermador, Miele or?

shermybeagle
4 years ago

Finalizing appliance choices for our gut rehab in Key West. I like to bake so want the electric oven and do not want a blue lined oven due to chipping issues.

I love the Thermador burners, but just figured out that the output is only 2 @12.5btu and 2@15btu with propane and I am not sure if this is adequate. I also like the 2 hr self clean cycle and the fact that they give you 3 racks. I think the oven temperature is pretty even too. I don't like that the back of the oven can get hot enough to scorch your backsplash and that the control knobs feel less sturdy.

The burner output of Miele is 1 @12.5btu and 3@19.5btu but this is the rating for gas not propane so idk what the real output would be. I like the duel fan convection, fast preheat, the fingerprint resistant exterior, the racks which can be left in during self clean (altho they only give you 2 racks), the dishwasher safe drip pans and grates, and the sturdy control knobs. I don't like that the oven door opens very low to the floor and that the interior of the door is made completely of one sheet of glass--this may be easy to break as on houzzer previously experienced. I also don't like that the oven lower element seems to be on the surface of the floor of the oven but has a separate sheet of enameled steel like a cookie sheet covering the element--I think the gap between the two would be hard to keep clean.

I would be open to looking at Viking too if I knew the quality has improved. I would appreciate all opinions, Thanks!

Comments (10)