SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denagerb

LP Range (duel fuel?) Lacanche, Bertrazzoni, Blue Star...?

denagerb
8 years ago

Alright here is my situation. Any and all advice or recommendations would be greatly approciated! I had posted a question regarding Blue Star earlier but since there have been so many new levels added to this design I thought I would just start from scratch

We are currently converting a barn to a house in rural Manitoba, Canada. I will sacrifice many things from the plan in order to make sure we get the range right! We are a large family and I cook tonnes,if I have to use the term foodies I will but maybe in a bit more of a rural sense of the word (lol) we grow lots of our own food, can tonnes, make yogurt and cheese, all our own bread, dehydrate stuff... The list goes on.

Some important parts to my decision..I definitely want a range and not a range top plus wall ovens, my husband is making the cabinets so minimum 48" but we can go bigger, the less electronics the better, bonus points for anything you can use when the power is out.

Before we were seriously looking I always thought we would go with Blue Star however we have since realized that we will have to run our range on LP gas and because Blue Star doesn't have a duel fuel range, and I'm not sure how much propane all gas ovens would use, I waivered. Obviously the BS Range top gets great reviews but the ovens seem to get mixed reviews. I would call the Platinum reviews mixed overall...

Thought of the Capital but think it sounds to gimmicky..maybe service issues?

I now think I have moved the Changy 1400 to the top of the list. On top of loving how it looks I think we would use the warming cupboard for tonnes of stuff as well as the grilling oven. We wont put in a microwave as we gave ours up years ago and haven't missed it but the idea of the one tiny oven to quickly warm stuff up sounds awesome to me. The burners are slightly less powerful then the BS but none of the Lacanche owners on here seem to find that to be a concern. Despite the reassurances of the sales guy from the French Barn I am still a little worried about the smaller ovens though. One option I thought of was to get the Rully and the Vougeot and just put them beside each other to get the larger ovens...thoughts? Really like that we could get one oven out of four that would be gas and could be lit manually if the power was out (which seems to happen regularly around here)

Recently had a sales guy throw Bertrazzoni on the list for us. I think they look great but haven't found out as much about them as some other options. Any Berta owners out there that would like to tell me their experiences?

Have not seriously looked at Wolf although I know they are an obviouse choice. Mainly because they are close to the price (maybe more?) of the Lacanche but you only get 2 ovens not 4 (yes I know the ovens of the Changy are smaller but the second oven in the 48" wolf is not very big either)

I know Dacor can do duel fuel LP but I'm not sure I like how they look and since my range will be huge and kind of the main attraction in the kitchen I want to love it's form and function!

Miele just announced LP ranges also but their 48" comes with an electric oven and a speed oven. I know there are lots of speed oven lovers out there but I don't think its for us.

Have I missed any ranges that should be on this list?

Also if there are any LP gas range owners out there that want to let me know if they have duel fuel or all gas I would love to hear thoughts on this!

Thanks in advance for all the help! I have definitely been spending bit of time on here, trying to make an educated desision... Ok more then a bit of time lol

Comments (12)