SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

Any tips for helping someone sleep thru the night?

share_oh
4 years ago

My husband suffered a bad injury earlier this year. The recovery time is 6-12 months meaning he'll still have a lot of pain for a while yet.

He currently is having a hard time staying asleep at night. He takes Advil PM often to help with the pain and also to try to help with sleep. It's not really working too well at this point.

Putting the TV back on will help him go back to sleep sometimes but when he puts it on, it wakes me up. So often he will go out to the living room and sleep on the couch with the TV on there.

He still has some narcotic pain meds but obviously doesn't want to rely on them too often and end up addicted.

We have ZQuill which will help some of the time. I rub magnesium oil on his incision area each night. I have read magnesium can help with sleeplessness but it doesn't seem to be helping him.

Our room temp is in the 60's at night currently. We have black out curtains so light isn't a problem.

Just searching for any natural remedies someone might use and recommend. The thread on the raisins in rum for arthritis got me thinking about this.

Comments (50)