SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Good night, Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite....

ttodd
14 years ago

Have any of you been the victims of bedbugs?

I can't decide if I am or not but I've got to do something and get to the bottom of this.

DH says that we don't becuase he has not been bitten once. I on the other hand am one of those bug bite magnets.

I've been going on-line to research info when I can but aside from my lower back and upper buttocks being bitten up there is nothing else that I can find.

It started about 2-3wks ago when one morning I woke up and was covered in bites. Since then everynight before I go to bed I swab my back w/ alcohol and then cover my back w/ caladryl. Now I've been waking w/ 1 or 2 new bites each morning. It's not nearly as bad as it was but my back still looks like I have a war zone from the initial go round healing up.

I bathe at night, DH showers every morning.

I only use white sheets and wash weekly in very hot 120 deg. water and use bleach. I've never seen any bug debris on them or the bedframe which I've begun vacuuming weekly.

We have a foam mattress so there are no seams where I can see anything hiding. I've checked the boxspring for tears or holes and there aren't any.

We haven't traveled anywhere nor have we spent the night anywhere in months.

We haven't brought any new or used furniture into the house.

I know that it's not a random mosquito as I welt up instantly and these bites are teeny tiny.

I'm leary of treating the mattress needlessly since it is foam but I will if I have to. That's why I thought I'd ask you guys first if anyone has had anything similar happen or had an idea.

What should I do?!

Comments (25)