SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelleandchad_gw

Our puppy won't sleep through the night among other things

michelleandchad
16 years ago

We have an American Bulldog/Boxer mix who is about 1.5 years old. We decided at Christmas time to get (my fiance's favorite dog in the whole world) an English Bulldog. My fiance convinced me to get the dog then b/c the price was really good and we are having a baby in April and "by that time, he would be potty trained". He goes pee outside but not always. But he has only relieved himself the other way twice outside. I praised him & praised him both times but it doesn't seem to matter. The only two times he did this I caught him in the corner ready to go.

On top of it, he (and his brother) get crated at night b/c we cannot trust them, unless they slept with us and that is out of the question. The oldest dog is fine at night but Sampson wakes us about every two hours (after he has peed or pooped) wanting out. We let him out but only for the time it takes us to clean out the crate. Then he goes right back into it.

Truman (the oldest) never went through this, he went through one night of whining and a couple of accidents in the crate. Sampson goes every couple of hours in his crate. What are we doing wrong? Is his crate too big? Our schedules are never consistent, could this be the problem? Sometimes he barely eats during the day and we work at night so we give him food later then we should, should we skip it? I need someone's help on this b/c the baby is about 4 weeks out and I know I can't get up with the baby and take care of Sampson at the same time. Any suggestions?

Comments (10)