Off to Lunch with the Sisters

sheilajoyce_gw

My sister and sister-in-law and I try to get together for lunch midpoint between SIL's house and mine about every other month or so. SIL originally asked to start the tradition a few years ago when she was over whelmed with all her elder care duties and needed a more positive, optimistic experience. So we don't dwell on health, and my sister and I enjoy regaling SIL with all the stories of our brother's childhood deeds and mishaps. The menfolk have gotten jealous of our gatherings and often meet themselves with any sons available also in tow. When my daughter is in town, we try to schedule a Girls' lunch to include her. A very nice tradition we have going here.

SaveComment8Like12
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lgmd_gaz

It is a very nice tradition. Enjoy each other while you can. We never know what the next day for may hold for us. Have a lovely afternoon together today.

2 Likes Save    
Fun2BHere

That sounds lovely! I thought from the title that you were going to lunch with nuns...:-)

3 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

A very lovely tradition to enjoy. It must be fun to recall all the fun stories about your brother and very meaningful for your SIL to hear them from you and your sis.

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

I think it's nice of you too.

My two aunts (mother's sisters) and I have lunch once a month. We take turns choosing the restaurant. They are 84 and 82 respectively, so I enjoy the lunches together while we can.

4 Likes Save    
georgysmom2

Sounds like a very lovely day. Enjoy!

Save    
yeonassky

So glad you and your sisters get to do this. It sounds like a wonderful time.

Three of my sisters and I get together about once a month. I truly appreciate the company.

My SILs all live too far away to see them very often. We drive out to see the ones living or visiting in Canada still when we can. We lost 2 SILs too soon. :(.

Save    
katlan

I just spent yesterday with my 2 sisters and our Aunt. (Our mother's sister, she is the last living sibling out of 7. She will be 82 in November.)

I love that you get to do this. Love that the guys do it also.

1 Like Save    
Yayagal

I have five sisters, three of them live in the same town as me. I have a sisters weekend every year with all of us together at the lake house in Maine. It's more than wonderful, I know how you feel.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Living Rooms My Houzz: Watch Jenna Fischer Renovate Her Sister’s Home
In this Houzz original video, the actor uses the site to plan a surprise makeover of her sibling’s main living spaces
Full Story
Most Popular Slow Living 101: Tips for Turning Off the Chaos
It may feel as though you're too busy to slow down and enjoy life. But even little changes can have a big effect
Full Story
Life Turn Off the Video Games and Turn On Your Kid's Creativity
Going nuts planning summer activities? Kids overdosing on screen time? It may be time to foster more self-directed play
Full Story
Premier Home Services, Inc. has been providing custom remodeling services to Loudoun County and the Surrounding... Read More
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More