SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcufrog

inspection advice requested...

tcufrog
4 years ago

I posted earlier this summer about getting our landscaping ready for us to sell our current home. We've started working on it so thanks for the advice. We thought that we'd have trouble finding a new home because of our rather unusual list of needs and wants but we just found one. We entered into the option period yesterday. We have 10 days for the appraisal and inspections. I've started scheduling the inspections and have left messages for a few appraisal companies.

I could use some advice regarding what to get inspected. The home is on .48 acre lot with some mature trees. It's a large home that was built in the 90s and it has a pool and outdoor kitchen separate from the house. They all of the HVAC units within the last 5 years (upstairs was replaced las week) and have upgrade the insulation to R-22 (not sure when). We don't know why they replaced all of the units. 10 years ago they got new dampers and duct work. We are glad they did but we don't know if it was to fix a problem they were having and, if so, doing that fixed it. The roof is 8 years old and the water heaters were replaced within the last 3-4 years.

What inspections do you recommend? I've scheduled the pool and comprehensive inspection which includes a termite inspection. The home is stucco which we've never had. Do we need to do anything special for that?

Comments (13)