SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_874585772

Transition from lap siding to board & batten- roof line vs double J

HU-874585772
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Our home is going to have light grey siding on the bottom and dark blue board and batten on the upper. This will work well on all sides except the back of the house. Our contractor suggested that he could either extend the roof line to create a defined upper and lower level for this (more expensive), or he can instead use a double J to make a transition. I sort of understand what he's saying, but I just can't picture what a double J would look like. Pictures that I've googled don't use a J in this way, so I can't get a good idea of how it will look. Does anyone know enough about this to find a photo of a house done this way (using a J to define upper and lower siding) so that I could see what it might look like? I already hate other aspects of how this construction is going, I don't want to end up hating this too!

Of note, we thought about putting a covered porch over this same area at some point. Don't think we have the money to do it right now, but maybe within the next 5 years.

I've attached a photo for reference of this side of our house, the green dots represent where the roof line would be extended or a double J transition.

I'm asking for photos to show a similar home with a J transition, or advice on what to do here because I don't know much about this.

Comments (2)