SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Yes, men and women thinking differently.

eld6161
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

DH and I were contacted by previous neighbors from years ago. They moved out of the country but we have kept in touch. The last time they visited was four years ago.

The husband contacted mine about the possibility of them coming by. They went to a wedding a few hours away and it was not definite if they could visit during this trip.

A few days go by. Today, I go to the gym, meet a friend for coffee. It's now 12:00. My phone rings. DH asked if I read my text. Our neighbors are coming between two and three!

Are they coming for lunch? Cake and coffee? DH thought it was rude to ask. I gallop to the store, pulling together the ingredients for a warm salad and the bakery for a tart.

Rushed home to get the salad ingredients ready in case they wanted lunch. More than happy to be prepared but........

Here's the thing: I would have invited them for lunch, if it didn't fit in the plan they would have said so.

As it turns out, they had lunch on the way and we had cake and coffee, a lovely visit catching up.

Maybe it's just my DH, but it didn't occur to him to that inviting is different than asking if they wanted lunch!

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County