SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristine_legault

I think I need to brag

Beverly is 3rd year in the ground and look at this huge Bush.
She is a summer and fall bush, not so much a spring fling.
This is one glorious bush.
Do you have one that you just have to brag on ?

Comments (36)

• dianela7analabama
    4 years ago

Kristine I can’t see any pictures in your post. I would love to see your rose. I don’t think I have anything super amazing yet.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked dianela7analabama
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Related Discussions

I'm panicking and I think I need some direction...

Q

Comments (56)
    Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner party. See, if your ever worried about a dinner party again, just put those chocolatinis on the menu! I should have mentioned martinis when you were worried. A friend of mine was having a dinner party and made a big batch of appletinis to go with the appetizers. They were such a hit she made a couple more batches. At 9:00 she realized that she had never started dinner, and wasn't actually sure she was capable of cooking at that point, so she made more appletinis and had her husband call for pizza. All the guests spent the night sleeping on various chairs, couches or the floor. They thought is was they best party ever.
    ...See More

I don't think I have room for a prep sink... but do I Need one?

Q

Comments (7)
    Good, I'm glad you all seem to concur with my conclusion. I'd hate to give up precious counter space for another smaller sink. Seems like it wouldn't work in my kitchen. I do not like the setup of my frig/oven wall. I will have to work on that when we get to that point!
    ...See More

I hate to do it but I think I need to line my aisles with lanscape fab

Q

Comments (1)
    Get some wood chips from a tree trimmer, then put down 4 inches. (They're often happy to have someone take the chips off their hands.)
    ...See More

I think I killed my passionfruit vine. I need help!

Q

Comments (1)
    Is there any way you can post a photo or photos of the plant? Passionfruit are normally pretty crazy growers. From what I have read (and limited experience this last year) they can normally take a bit of pruning.
    ...See More
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Original Author
    4 years ago

Original Author
    4 years ago

Boy that was a challenge to post those pictures

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
  • Dillybeansown (6b in the Ozarks)
    4 years ago

She’s absolutely lovely!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Dillybeansown (6b in the Ozarks)
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

Wow! I thought I'd like Summer Romance but that is fabulous.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • sara_ann-z6bok
    4 years ago

Kristine, you should brag, it’s gorgeous! Heat’s gotten to most of my roses, even though I have some healthy bushes, not a lot to brag about here, can’t wait for a cool down!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Each of the blooms are different.

The first year she had typical Kordes foliage, lots of it but not many blooms. I guess she is one that takes some time to get with it

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    4 years ago

Kristine, I'm applauding! Beverly is fabulous, especially for such a young rose. I wonder how she does in a colder winter than she gets there.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have no idea so you better try her out.

She is a typical Kordes. How do Kordes roses do in eastern Washington. I bet she would be fine

4 years ago

She probably would, but the survival rate is about half and half for me. I planted Poseidon, Kiss Me Kate and Crazy Love this year, so I'm hoping to improve my average.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Those are gorgeous photos, Kristine. You have a right to be proud of Beverly. I have to say those photos from a distance remind me a bit of your Olivia. I just looked up Beverly a few days ago. I need to do it again. I have to brag a little about my Olivia who is finally getting her act together. I think she had some rocket fuel in her dirt this summer. Anyway, I love Beverly. Diane

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    4 years ago

Wow Kristine !!!! Beverly is incredible!! I’m so happy for you . I haven’t seen this locally .. hmm . It’s going On my list .

Your view is amazing too !!! Wow !! I love when you share photos of your garden with us . :)

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • pippacovalent
    4 years ago

Wow wow wow gorgeous!! I just ordered Beverly only a couple of days ago to be delivered in the fall. Now I'm reconsidering my arrangements for her since she might need more room lol. I was putting her in a spot where I planned to put her with another new rose but now maybe I'll give her the whole spot. What roses in your yard do you think coordinate well with her coloring??? I feel like her pinks are cool toned and she could work with Quietness nearby but I'm wondering what else she could look good with. Such a beauty!!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked pippacovalent
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

Lilly Finch, they've had this for a couple of years at Home Depot, FYI. Now I'm kicking myself for not having bought it. It was also extremely fragrant. For some reason I thought it would be blacks spotty and didn't realize at the time it was a Kordes Rose.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    4 years ago

What a big beautiful plant, I bet she smells amazing , too. My favorite pics are seeing the whole plant healthy and loaded with bloom, thanks for sharing, Kristine!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Diane I'm glad that sure Olivia is taking off you know she is my favorite and she is planted fairly close to Beverly and their 2 colors go really well together but she's planted right next to Munstead wood. they hang out together and make such a pretty couple.

I don't know if this is true for anyone else growing Beverly but the Spring flush isn't that exciting

but then in mid summer she just gets dozens and dozens of blooms and from now until November she'll l just be loaded with flowers.

If she looks pretty with Olivia I bet she'd look fabulous with quietness as well

• sharon2079
    4 years ago

Wow.... yours is beautiful..... mine isn't looking so good because of the chili thrips during our Florida summer heat... however she is still putting out LOTS of blooms even with her poor ugly leaves... can't wait for the cool fall when CT's are gone.... Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Lilyfinch, I know Cool Roses carries this on fortuniana. It would do quite well in California on fort.... not sure if they are here during summer.... but if you are looking for it you should give them a call....

Sharon

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked sharon2079
  • Krista_5NY
    4 years ago

It has armloads of beautiful bouquets, just gorgeous. I love the fragrance of this rose. It's a winner...

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Krista_5NY
  • dianela7analabama
    4 years ago

Wow this rose is just amazing. I love the look and adding that to Kordes health, she is a winner. Wow thanks for sharing her with us.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked dianela7analabama
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Right now Beverly is the show off of the garden

• pippacovalent
    4 years ago

It's stunning I can't take it!!!

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    4 years ago

Congratulations on having so many blooms! That is a very healthy, happy rose in your garden. I also noticed your lovely backdrop there.

As for the comment about Beverly in zone 5; I don't grow this rose, but I have seen it for the last few years at multiple stores each spring in my zone 5 area. There are tons of roses sold in spring here that are not really cold hardy each year. But if I see a rose readily available for multiple years that usually means it's worth a shot in the garden.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • pippacovalent
    4 years ago

I'm so excited to plant this rose now...I just went out and adjusted the placement of the stake I have in the ground marking its future home to be sure I give her enough room LOL.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    4 years ago

You have bragging rights not only for your beautiful rose, Kristine, but also the gorgeous obelisk next to it and the wonderful backdrop of garden, trees and mountain. It all fills me with longing.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    4 years ago

@Flowers - that's an interesting visual of your "cutting garden?", hehe. I've thought about planting Beverly for my mother in-law, that's her name & I actually really like her. But to be honest this rose has never been appealing to me. Everytime I see pictures, the pink colouring is just okay. But now that I've seen Kristine's healthy rose & the potential of this one for blooms, maybe I should try it. You never know which ones will do well until you try. Wouldn't it be funny if it ended up being a favourite?

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • suncoastflowers
    4 years ago

Thode are just gotheous pictures. You are growing her beautifull. NONE of my plants are that full and beautiful!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked suncoastflowers
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Blondie, from the pictures that I had seen in the catalogue she seemed a bit garish. But, if you can tell by the picture each bloom is pretty unique.

Someone said something about flat blooms so I checked it out last night and this particular plant doesn't have that .

My Beverly is on multi flora from Palatine and for me multi flora gets huge

4 years ago

Kristine , I had Beverly at least two seasons in Nashville and I remember it being slow to Leaf out, and the last to bud too . I actually had started a thread on it bc it had nothing when others had so many ! Isn’t that unusual? But obviously it’s so worth the wait . I wonder if own root would be as special?

4 years ago

I always liked this grouping and have it saved to favorites. Not as amazing as yours of course but it makes me smile !

4 years ago

HalloBlondie, you are so right about how different a rose can look in different gardens. Beverly never caught my eye, either, until this thread. I had only seen pics of her with the high centered form that many rose gardeners love, but I prefer the OGR form, which Beverly has, after all, when she's fully open. But, I have to keep reminding myself that Kristine is in z8, so Beverly might be very different here. Northland says she was a Biltmore International Rose Trials winner. Voted best HT and most fragrant in '13.

Lilyfinch, that is such a pretty photo just above. Will Beverly be part of your new CA garden?

• pippacovalent
    4 years ago

Good to know Kristine about the multiflora...mine tht is coming is own root so maybe it won't need quite as much space.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Everyone talks about the wonderful fragrance from Beverly personally I get nothing.

The multiflora here just seems like it gets so big so maybe Palatine isn't the best place for me to order roses for my zone I don't know.

Jennifer. Yours looks beautiful and mine took forever to get full of buds that were impressive I mean it's August and it's just now looking like that but it will continue to Bloom and be fabulous until November but as far as the Spring flush nothing impressive there