SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

I'm panicking and I think I need some direction...

stacy3
16 years ago

I have asked for so much help for my dinner coming up tomorrow night - 6 adults and 6 kids. valentine - retro theme.

I don't pull these things off easily. it takes me a long time to plan and figure out what I'm doing each day.

This morning first thing, I got a call that my mom was admitted to the hospital. I spent the whole day there - I think she's ok. hope.

But, my whole schedule is off. My house isn't clean - and this is what I had planned and what I have done. All ingredients have already been purchased.

Had planned:

pizza for kids - crust have been prebaked, pepperoni sliced, cheese shredded, sauce made.

fruit platter for kids

stuffed mushrooms (not even started)

cheese nips (already done in the freezer)

French onion soup. ( onions have caramelized)

asparagus with hollandaise sauce

beef wellington

chocolate fondue with fruit and pound cake

I kind of put the tablecloth on the table - but don't even have the serving pieces figured out yet.

I wanted to get games ready for the kids and rent snow buddies - sigh.

I'm fumbling...I lost my day - which should have really prepared me - now I've taken another 10 minutes to post here. and I'm tired.

Can someone help me prioritize and figure out where to start?

Comments (56)

• stacy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok, you all are so much more level headed than I am - lol.

thank you so much.

Shaun - you always make me smile. :-)

Yea David - I'm ahead of the game - I BOUGHT the pound cake on the way home from the hospital today! lol.

ok - gotcha - soup. I will work on that. I also found a recipe for "foaming" hollandiase that you can make ahead of time?? should I do that?

Nancy, thank you - that is often overlooked by me - to give the "boys" tasks...usually I am just trying to get them to do something that gets them out of my hair - lol. But Will loves to help out.

I need to let go of my need for everything to be perfect, I guess.

Thanks again. I'm fighting the urge to go lie down and deal with it all tomorrow...:-) Not good!

Stacy

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention that I saw your cookies last night and they looked fantastic!! You can pull this off....a few spirts of pledge and windex makes the house smell clean...just run over the furniture with one of those micro cloths.....that's my trick when running short on time..lol!

• Related Discussions

I'm going to St. Augustine and I need some input

Q

Comments (18)
    Virginia Beach Weather and Climate Chart - Virginia Beach, Virginia (VA), USA The following are the normal daily temperature ranges for Virginia Beach: Maximum Minimum Virginia Beach weather in January 8°C / 46°F -4°C / 25°F Virginia Beach weather in February 10°C / 50°F -2°C / 28°F Virginia Beach weather in March 15°C / 59°F 2°C / 36°F Virginia Beach weather in April 21°C / 70°F 7°C / 45°F Virginia Beach weather in May 25°C / 77°F 12°C / 54°F Virginia Beach weather in June 30°C / 86°F 17°C / 63°F Virginia Beach weather in July 31°C / 88°F 20°C / 68°F Virginia Beach weather in August 31°C / 88°F 19°C / 66°F Virginia Beach weather in September 27°C / 81°F 15°C / 59°F Virginia Beach weather in October 22°C / 72°F 8°C / 46°F Virginia Beach weather in November 16°C / 61°F 3°C / 37°F Virginia Beach weather in December 10°C / 50°F -1°C / 30°F It doesn't seem hot enough to grow st augustine long period of the year. They don't typically start growing rapidly till overnights hit over 60*F and daytime over 80*F. Where did you get st augustine sprigs? In your town? If so, how did it look round year?
    ...See More

Hello! I'm New! I need Rose Suggestions! some pics too

Q

Comments (11)
    >I want something that is hardy and somewhat resistant to disease- Maybe Crepuscule and new dawn?? Hi vlodom, I was just going through some similar decisions recently and rhonda in upstate SC convinced me to go with Crepuscle. She posted a picture of it growing at one year old that is incredibly enticing. Plus, it will do that well in less than ideal sunlight. And it has few thorns. Just a really nice rose, I think. I've been interested in New Dawn too. Someone has been working on me towards one of New Dawn's seedlings: Penny Lane. That one has really good shade tolerance, she said, and she loved its fragrance. I assume it will grow as well in the Piedmont as New Dawn will, though she was writing from Kansas. Some other rambling or climbing roses you might take an interest in: Madame Alfred Carriere, Dublin Bay, Red Fountain, Quadra, Laguna, Reve d'Or, Jaune Desprez, William Allen Richardson, Sympathie, Goldfinch, Creme de la Creme, Climbing Pinkie (especially the cultivar at the Antique Rose Emporium). If you'd really like a lot of bushiness as well as the ability to put out some long canes, then take a look at Ghislaine de Feligonde. It ought to mix well with Crepuscle too. Avoid Iceberg, including climbing Iceberg, if you want to try to avoid having to spray for blackspot on the east coast. I wanted Iceberg so much that I decided to give it a try anyway... but sure enough, all I'd read about it being more of a problem on this side of the country turned out to be correct. The best resource on the internet for investigating roses is HelpMeFind.com: http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/plants.php Good luck with your new house and yard! Best wishes, Mary Here is a link that might be useful: Crepuscle photo appears in this thread within Antique Roses Forum
    ...See More

I'm thinking I'm really like bromeliads!

Q

Comments (1)
    1. fcbs.org 2. yes but not direct burning midday sun 3. its best to try to duplicate rainforest conditions, either mist daily or hit with the hose "rainshower" style daily. Try to keep the water in the cup of the plant fresh. Don't water the soil directly, just let water from the cup "slop over" or you may rot the plant 4. if the cup is full when you leav, should be okay for a week if it isn't immensely hot, best to get someone to plant sit
    ...See More

I'm a beginner...I desperately need some expertise

Q

Comments (13)
    Make sure you are using the third address which is the HTML address and begins Then you have to give a title such as my pool ir flower beds or just link Welcome and you will soon be invited to a swap and then the trouble begins as you will go home with so many plants and you do not have to bring any as we gardeners love to share. You have found a bunch of enablers here who will have you reguesting dirt, mulch and plans or presents instead of clothes etc. Wait a minute - I always need clothes and jewels - yeah - clothing in the form of a gardening apron and clogs and a hat and jewels in the form of orchids and gingers and lilis and uh I think you get the picture. Welcome. Another plant you never want near your pool is bouginvilla. I had pineapples growing near mine and got to eat the fruit and dracanea with violas planted aound it ad they did not get into the pool. I just love plnats and enabling others to get more More MORE Linda
    ...See More
  • Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

I can't add much more on the to do list. I'm always mopping at the last minute..and I never set a pretty table! LOL

Hugs to you friend!

• lindac
    16 years ago

Ach....sorry about your mom!
    Now your goal here is to have this dinner party go off as if nothing had happened to make you crazy, right?
    So tonight, skim through the diningroom with the vacuum and a feasther duster....and set the table and figure out the serving pieces. Forget the kid's games or delegate that....send DH out for a movie...also tonight mix up the filling for the mushrooms.
    Skip the fondue...if you have the cake and fruit, have DH buy some icecream and a container of "squirt" real whipped cream and go with that for dessert.
    In the morning dump the onions and soup into a pot....set to simmer...run down the rest of the house with a vacuum and a duster....get out candles! And DON'T use paper plates. Dirty dishes will keep for days on the counter with no ill effects.
    In the afternoon, wash and trim the asparagus, do the fruit, then most of the stuff is last minute stuff....like filling the mushrooms, rolling out the puff pastry and filling them with beef, amking the hollendaise...
    As a matter of fact....why don't you simplify? You have the cheese nips, you have the soup, cut up some more veggies like celery and carrots andw ash and halve the 'shrooms and make a quick dip with mayo, lime juice and some curry powder.
    Leave the puff pastry in the freezer and simply cook the beef....top with some garlic that you have roasted while you were vacuuming, put the asparagus on an oiled cookie sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt and lemon and sesame seeds and pop into the oven while the steaks are cooking.
    Simplify!!! Make the kid's pizza and the fruit...appetizers are veggies and cheese nips, grilled or pan fried beef with roasted garlic, oven roasted asparagus with sesame seeds....what else? baked potato with chive sour cream? or halved baked potato piled with sour cream and slivers of roasted pepper ( in a jar!) salad? a bag of baby mixed greens, tossed with some EVOO, salt, pepper, and lemon juice? Bread or rolls from the store...
    Set a pretty table....light candles, make the kids happy and relax....
    Linda C

• User
    16 years ago

Stacy... Pull it together, I know you can!

Number one is you know that Mom is safe and OK, put that aside for 48 hours. Know she is well taken care of and OK.

Nobody really gives a damn about how clean your house is, how dirty could it possibly be anyhow. Just deal with the bathrooms. Better still , make Scott deal with that.

Put Will and Scott in charge of kid stuff ...it will be what it will be and Will will think he is a hero for being in charge of it all.,,,but make it clear to Scott that he is the in charge adult and stick to it...leave it to them, it may be a good thing.

Focus on dinner, that's what you should do, pour a glass of wine and have some fun. Stuffed mushrooms take 30 minutes tops to prepare.

If you have the onions done for the soup you are better than half way there. Max 30 minutes more for that.

If you are still cooking/preparing when company arrives just pour another glass of wine and invite them to watch your brillaince in the kitchen!

Stacy do you remember being here? It was not at all well organized. We weren't sure if you would come back here, or go to the hotel,Clive was coming from work, Scott had his parents......but it was fine.

People only care about being with each other and enjoying their comapny.

Relax sweetie pie, it will be wonderful....

and good thoughts and prayers for your Mom.

• jessyf
    16 years ago

~whew I thought this was TONIGHT not tomorrow night~ ack

• stacy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh boy - Jessy, I think I'd have started 10 threads - lol.

I"m so bad about changing my plans - for some reason, even if it should make things simpler, just the fact that I changed it, complicates it for me???

David, thank you - you are an angel. Terri too.

Linda, it's funny, when I saw your post, I read it through my clouded eyes and was nodding my head, and saying OK...OK...and in your honor, I think I"m going to use "the" china...:-)

Sharon, no, I never would have imagined that you were anything less than very well organized. Is that what we were doing when you made the stacked pizza? Was I watching your brilliance in the kitchen? ROFLMAO.....

sorry, I couldn't resist...

you are a master - I am not. :-) But I"m learning from the BEST!

• Virginia7074
    16 years ago

Yes, hope your mom is going to be OK. I can't add anyting to the excellent food tips.

About cleaning your house: just remember - you don't really haved to "clean" it, you just have to create the "illusion" of cleanliness. So you run the swiffer around one time and give dusty surfaces the once-over with a feather duster or micro cloth. Don't sort bills, papers - or anything lying around. Just dump everything into a box or laundry basket and stash it in a closet. Run the vacuum, not with the goal of deep-cleaning, but just to leave visible marks. Use enough candles to keep the lights low, so no one can see under your buffet or dining table. As long as the kids aren't chasing each other around with mounds of dog undercoat they found on the floor, your house will look clean enough. If all else fails, follow Maxine's tip of keeping Get Well cards on your mantle, so people will think you've been sick and unable to clean.

And trust me - if people enjoy the food and the company, they don't pay attention to how clean (or not clean) your house is. Just have a good time!

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

Stacy, I hope everything is okay with your Mom.

Sorry, nothing more to add since I believe we may have been separated at birth. I rely on this crowd as well and they will get you through.

I know you like to take care of everyone and make their evening fabulous and I am confident you are going to pull it off - but you know what? Do something crazy tomorrow. Like...take a relaxing bath with a glass of wine and get yourself pretty. Sometimes the outside can change the inside mood.

• User
    16 years ago

My point exactly Stacy....all fond memories of good times...no matter how it comes together.

I would be so honoured to be in your home with your family, I've met you, Scott and Will, and all else is second to the warmth and love you convey.

Take a bath...

love you

• steelmagnolia2007
    16 years ago

Bathrooms! Unless the dust is an inch thick, nobody notices cleaning lapses in any other places as a rule. (Well, except the kitchen itself.) Get the one the adults will use immaculate tonight. Scrub it, put out fresh towels and guest towels, a new roll in the t/p dispenser, etc. Forbid anyone to use it before tomorrow night!!

Can you steer the kids to another? If so, it doesn't need to be spotless, just presentable.

Start cooking in the early a.m. tomorrow. Relax and set the tables. Then go to the hospital. Spend some quality time with your mom. Put that dinner party totally out of your mind!!! (Hey, it's inconsequential in the general scheme of things, if you will forgive my saying so.)

Take a bubble bath. Dress nicely. When your friends arrive, explain that you mom is ill so you're unprepared. Since they *are* your friends, they'll help. You'll have a wonderful time, and it won't matter a ratsa** that if wasn't perfect.

Feel better now? :)

sm

• lindac
    16 years ago

I have a friend who I might say is a consummate "entertainer" but I know her too well! LOL!
    Anyhow she keeps in her garden room. the spot where she and DH sit of an evening the place where they have coffee and the news of a morning, where they read the papers etc....any how, she keeps a "basket"...it's a fairly large market type basket with a looped handle, decorated with dried flowers and an artful bow of wired ribbon, usually "seasonal"....and into that basket goes all the carp fo daily living when it's time to clean up....the half done suduko, her needle point, the dog bag of treats, the box of kleenex the books they are reading...the unopened mail...etc etc!
    In the time it takes for the door bell to ring 3 times she has scooped up all the clutter and dumped it into this lovely basket that sits on a shelf as a seasonal decoration.
    I keep threatening to get a "basket" but haven't yet.
    Stacy, you need a "basket"...but deal with that next week!
    Linda C

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Stacy, I just wanted to add my wishes for a quick recovery for your mom. I'm so sorry she's in the hospital, but as Chase pointed out, she's safe and being well looked after. Your friends sound like nice people, of course they will want to help and do whatever you need to make Saturday evening easier. Don't worry too much about the cleaning, since having company over will just necessitate more cleaning when it's done anyway! Dust, put away any piles of clutter, and sweep up dog hair. Fresh towels in the bathroom, a quick swipe down with Windex and paper towels, then you're done.

Tomorrow can be for the remaining food prep, and of course asking your husband and Will to help is a great suggestion! I think SteelMagnolia's suggestion to visit your mom in the A.M. is a good idea. Then you can come home and devote the rest of the day to your party. Hugs and strength to you, dear Stacy! You'll do just fine:-) ((((Stacy))))
    DONNA

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

Well Stacy, I hope your dinner is going/went well (not sure what time zone you're in), I'm sure everyone his having/had a great time. Best wishes to your mother as well.

Gosh, I don't know anyone who entertains who hasn't faced a situation like this. It's funny, but if a friend is facing it, we probably all say the same things, "your friends won't care if the house is clean...ask people to pitch in with little things...simplify the plans a bit...take a few minutes to cherish yourself a little no matter how harried you are etc." So why do we not listen to our own good advice when it's our turn to feel frazzled about an event we're putting on??? :D

I think I will start a thread about our entertaining nightmares and how they turned out!

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Hope your mom is ok..
    You have been given so much advice..
    I am sure it will go fine..one word...
    Simplify

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

Virginia is exactly right. The house does not need to be perfect, no one will notice. If the bathroom is clean and there is no obvious clutter it will look fine to most people. But I don't think the pickiest person will complain about a bit of dust considering that your mom is in the hospital. I hope she is feel well soon! I usually make my husband take all his junk up to his card room and shut the door. I also shut the bedroom doors when I am short on time. It sounds like you have a ton of stuff done already! Unless your company is coming for breakfast you should be fine! : )

• shaun
    16 years ago

Stacy I gotta tell you this one story and then I'll let you get back to getting ready.

I was hosting one of those Tastefully Simple Parties one time. It was planned for Saturday afternoon. So, Friday night we went to friends house behind us and had dinner and the kids played. Well my son fell and broke his arm. So we took him to the hospital. That turned into a nightmare, we ended up being admitted after being transferred to a different hospital by ambulance at 3am!!! Anyway, I had a friend come over and host my party at my house while I was in the hospital with my son.

I got $400 worth of free stuff!! hahahahah!

But......I'm just trying to say, your dinner party will be fine. And you're even going to BE there! hahahah!

Ok, now go dust something.

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Stacy, what Shaun is trying to say is..

Put your arm in a sling so everyone will think you broke it.
    Then they will say what an amazing person you are to get so much done..

• pkramer60
    16 years ago

Deep breathe first....

Hugs to you and one to Mom....

Follow LindaC's advice....

And have fun.....they will all understand. Even take out pizza would be wonderful. You can do this, in moderation please.

• jessyf
    16 years ago

LISTEN UP SWAPPERS STACY NEEDS A BASKET

• lori316
    16 years ago

LOL

I second the arm sling...works wonders for sympathy. Trust me. :)

I hope you had a productive night yesterday and you're well on your way to the same for today.

Everybody's right, true friends won't care about the condition of your house. I know we always want everything perfect but it doesn't always work out that way. I'm sure they'll understand your mom is in the hospital and your time is limited and your nerves probably a bit frazzled. When they walk in, tell them how excited you are they are there, you thought you might have to cancel, please excuse the house.

Sip wine.

Good luck!

• stacy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, thanks everyone for holding my hand during my meltdown...:-) it was a long day and by the end, EVERYTHING was setting me off. Good thing DH and DS went to a Cub Scout thing last night. I was reading a recipe for hollandaise and it called for a "dessertspoon" full of...well, there I went again - crying saying what the f#^& is a dessertspoon?!?!

You all did such a magnificent job of convincing me to relax that I went to bed at 9 o'clock! Yup, nothing else got done last night. It just hit me like a ton of bricks and off I went.

So, I am scrambling this AM. Scott is off already - getting a couple things and trying to rent the movie "Snowbuddies" the newest AirBud type of movie, David...:-)

I talked to my mom, and while she doesn't feel well, she's OK. Her health is so fragile the smallest thing can really mess with her.

Love the arm sling idea - lol. Lori, how is your arm? I was thinking about you yesterday, while trying to balance on the ice here. And I'll try to remember your advice to "sip" and not to "gulp"...

Thanks again - I can feel the love!!!!!!!

Stacy

• shaun
    16 years ago

Kathleen and Jessy! hahahahahah! The arm sling made me laugh!

Stacy, did I mention that I would be in your area tonight? Thought I'd stop by with all my friends - you'll have enough food, right?

Hee hee! Now *that* would REALLY throw you over the edge wouldnt it???

(Oh ps - that party my friend came over to pull off for me, I gave her all the free gifts as a thank you for doing that for me.)

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

LOL!

Stacy, I can't add any more or better advice to what's already been said, but I do want to extend my best wishes for your Mom to get well. A hug and pat on your back to you, too.

Sally

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

I somehow missed all this excitment Stacy! Today is the big day! You guys have fun and remember to NOT worry about the house. I pick up before a party and then I always clean my house after a party. YOu guys are gonna have a great time.

I hope your Mom is feeling better and better as each day goes by. I'm thinking of you and can't wait to hear how it all goes tonight.

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

LOL!!!!!!

but seriously, I want a basketsize=1>

My Aunt always says never apologize for your house and I never do.

Work it, Stacy! It is amazing how much you can get done when under pressure. Have fun!

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

I have nothing much to add, except just go with the flow and enjoy your company, and whatever happens will make for great fun and stories later on, remember your old days, Stacy, LOL, flaming pizzas and all those mishaps, you've come a long way baby, and you'll pull this dinner party off with grace and humor! You've got a lot on your plate with your mom, and she is being taken good care of, so enjoy the day! I can't wait to hear all about it!

The basket is such a good idea, much better than the closets I throw my stuff in :)

LOL, Shaun, Kathleen and Jessy, so funny!

• stacy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I agree - I need a basket. a BIG basket!

I am going to paste from my beef wellington thread - as I really have to go pull myself together - if possible - :-)

Thanks everyone - will keep you informed!

hee hee - must be a big change from the frenzied maniac of last night! They'll be here in less than an hour and the wellingtons are put together ready for oven so are the mushrooms, cheese nips...I stil lhave to do hollandaise and cook asparagus. Fruit and stuff is cut up for the fondue - and kids pizzas are prebaked - just need warming up.
    Oh and soup is done - cheese is grated for tops, and bread is toasted. Here I am feeling quite proud - watch - I'll self destruct - lol.

Only thing to do is fix ME up. good lord, if i answered the door like this they'd wonder what the "real" theme is...

Stacy

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Congratulations on a job well done! At least you're remembering to fix yourself up nice - something I totally forgot to do for my Christmas dinner. I was receiving guests bra-less in a t-shirt and sweatpants. It wasn't till they had been there a while that I looked down and realized I needed to change, now!

Have fun tonight!

Sally

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

Oh, okay, it's a movie....I was thinking it some kind of outside thing for playing in the snow..lol!

I'm sure you are enjoying a great evening with your friends about now......I'm sure you look fabulous too!!

Let Scott do the dishes...LOL!

David

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

Sounds like everything is going good for tonight. The food sounds delish, and I'm sure you'll look lovely all "fixed up". Hope it goes great. I also hope your mom is feeling well soon.

• jessyf
    16 years ago

....report?

• shaun
    16 years ago

Someone shake her - it's over.

• lindac
    16 years ago

She's still sleeping...it was a late night and she had a lot of dishes to get washed and put away.
    I'm about ready to pound on her door!

• bunnyman
    16 years ago

A party that lasts till noon the next day is a party indeed! Rock on you party animals.

: )
    lyra

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Bloody Mary time?

• stacy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HAHA! Sorry, I just got back from visiting my mom - she's doing ok and may go back to the nursing home tomorrow.

We had a blast - consumed WAY too many chocolatini's (well, I only had one - but everybody else? WOW!) So it wouldn't have even mattered what I fed them!

But everything got done except for the hollandaise sauce - oh well.

kids had their heart shaped individual pizzas and loved the candy heart cookies.

We LOVED Sharon's stuffed mushrooms and Weed's cheese nips were also a big hit.

more chocolatini's and wine.

Then we had little ramekins full of (also) Sharon's gruyere topped french onion soup made with my beef stock and brown sauce - wonderful.

more chocolatini's and wine...ok, open up the second bottle of Godiva...

Then SharonCB's individual Beef Wellingtons - Everyone loved them and by this time were soooo impressed with me! (or maybe it was all those chocolatini's talking...) served just with asparagus - oh and I had cooked down some stock and brown sauce with a few more mushrooms in there for a sauce for the wellingtons.

Then we had marshmallows, strawberries, pineapple and pound cake with chocolate fondue...

and more chocolatini's and wine...

We laughed until we cried - it was lots of fun - thanks for all the hand holding and support everyone! I'll try to remember this the next time I panic, OK?

Stacy

Oh, and sorry sorry sorry - photos were just something that I couldn't squeeze in...

Now I"m off to look at the California thread and see what's going on there.

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Yay Stacy!

We all knew you would do this fantastically! It sounds perfect. Hope you can take it easy today.

I'm glad your Mom is doing better.

Lee

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

Great job Stacy!!!! I knew you would pull it off and it would be a wonderful success!

Good news about your Mom too!!

Michelle

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

Good for you, Stacy! Sounds like one fantastic party! Great news about your mom!

• compumom
    16 years ago

It sounds like a great party! I'm sure you're a terrific hostess as well as cook, it's no wonder everyone had a great time! Oh and the choclate martini's surely helped! Glad to hear your mom's doing better!

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner party. See, if your ever worried about a dinner party again, just put those chocolatinis on the menu! I should have mentioned martinis when you were worried. A friend of mine was having a dinner party and made a big batch of appletinis to go with the appetizers. They were such a hit she made a couple more batches. At 9:00 she realized that she had never started dinner, and wasn't actually sure she was capable of cooking at that point, so she made more appletinis and had her husband call for pizza. All the guests spent the night sleeping on various chairs, couches or the floor. They thought is was they best party ever.

• User
    16 years ago

You rock Stacy! I knew you could pull it off...and how! Great spread.

PS: Glad you like the mushrooms , been doing those for 30 years and they are always a hit!

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Sounds like a fun evening! Glad to hear your DM is doing better.

WFD tonight? ;)

Nancy

• stacy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh yeah, those shrooms were indeed a hit = in fact - Nancy,that is WFD!!! Scott wanted more, so we are having more. Also, we think we need to master that electic fondue pot as the chocolate started sizzling very quickly last night...so we are having bread cubes, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, and sausage with a swiss cheese fondue. :-) Istopped at the store after visiting my mom and got all the things we need.

You guys are all such great friends - I wish I could invite you all over and get you drunk on chocolatinis...then you'd still think I can really cook! lol

Stacy

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Hey, I'm game! I'm so glad it all went well and you had fun. I'm also glad your mom is doing better. Way to go. What a party you can throw!

Sally

• shaun
    16 years ago

Glad to hear you all had a good time Stacy! Also good to hear your mom is doing better.

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

I'm glad you and your guests laughed so much...makes for a terrific party indeed.
    Your Chocolatinis sound tasty...did you use Godiva liqueur?
    When you'd mentioned hollandaise sauce, I wondered if you'd be making it blender style? The only way I make it anymore since it's so easy.
    It's good to hear that you had such a nice time while entertaining...the mark of a good hostess :)

• lindac
    16 years ago

Booze and candles....works every time....who cares if your house is clean or the asparagus has holandaise on it.

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

Your the hostess with the mostest! Sounds like a good time was had by all. Glad Mom is doing well.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH