SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sierra400

Help with master bathroom remodel!

sierra400
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are remodeling our home and I need help with our master bathroom. I have attached a photo of what it looks like currently (this is the listing photo but we haven’t changed a thing to it).

Our palette in the house is super neutral. The master bedroom is SW accessible beige (light gray), with a black statement wall, and white trim and ceiling. We have recycled wood barn door shutter on the window that lend a softer look to the neutrals. Our furniture is a mix of oak and walnut woods.

The bathroom is currently tan with tan tile floor and counter, golden oak vanity, and a white tiled shower. oh and the walls have strips of wallpaper that the prior owners then painted over!

Our plan is to remove the wallpaper, sand and finish the walls and ceiling and paint the walls and ceiling SW Alabaster (the trim color in our house). We are installing Flooret Arbor LVP throughout the house and plan on it in the bathroom (it’s waterproof).

For the vanity, this is my issue.... should we keep the vanity or demo it and install a new one? If we keep it, the plan is to paint it black and install new modern hardware. The counter we are thinking of a sealed wood counter top instead of the current tile. My husband is a woodworker and plans to make this himself. It would be similar coloring to our barn door style wood shutter we have in the master bedroom. I want to do a vessel sink, white porcelain ontop of the counter. For the mirror, we are thinking of adding a frame and possibly a strip of LEDs, instead of buying a new mirror since they are $$$.

I am am trying to visualize it all coming together but it is hard! Will the dark vanity be ok with our dark flooring?

Here is a photo of our bathroom.

Here is a photo of our main color palette With the new flooring (Flooret Arbor) installed. This floor will be in the bathroom.

Here are a few inspirational photos I found on Pinterest. we would be doing a similar style of the dark vanity with wood top and vessel sink. However, our floors would be the dark brown wood like floors shown in the above picture. I worry it would be too much dark? But our walls will all be white, so maybe that will balance?

Comments (7)