SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Ugh. Losing motivation.

amylou321
4 years ago

Its soooooo hot. And humid. I HATE this time of year. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Every night at work I do my 10000 to 15000 steps at midnight. I have really been enjoying it up until the last few weeks. Even at midnight, it is so warm and humid it is making me miserable. I have to have a hair dryer at work so that when I am done with my steps I can dry my hair and shirt so I dont look like I just got out of a swimming pool. I hate that all over sticky feeling. On my off days, I get my steps on my treadmill at home, in an air conditioned room. I still get hot and sticky, but not as bad and at least I can jump right into the shower and instantly feel better.
During the cooler months,its the opposite. I enjoy walking outside in the cold air. And walking on the treadmill at home is tough, because SO will crank the heat up to 77 or 78 and make it miserable in there! Sigh. If I didnt work 12 hours, I would walk at home on the treadmill everyday when it heats up outside. But, due to my commute and work hours,I am just not willing to commit that much time to the treadmill at home on workdays, when I can get the steps at work when i am awake and bored anyway.
I guess all I can do is suck it up buttercup. I am so ready for fall I could scream. Did I mention I hate this time of year? And it's only going to get worse......

Comments (26)