SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_soto

Help!! Exterior paint, rail, shutters, landscaping/Tree placement

Susan Soto
4 years ago

Hello ! Please send help on colors - and advice on the shutters.

This is our rental property great tenants, young blended family with a 2 yr old and a new baby on the way so not sure how long they will be with us... and we will likely sell this house sooner than later. The inside hasn't been updated at all - so who knows what the future is for the structure.

I was planning on on removing the shutters but the windows are aluminum! and pretty small -

What do I do about this weird railing near the front door? I was going to cut off the pieces that stick out - should I take them off? put something else ?

I am however planning landscaping of broadleaf evergreens and trees. - I am a little stuck on the placement in the front. I feel like there should be a taller tree where the Rhodie is - or somewhere in the front. There will be trees along the left side too - suggestions welcome. Portland Oregon

- I trimmed two of the Rhodies old wood they were looking pretty bad (ran out of time and then they bloomed)... I love the color - would fertilizing help or should I just replace?

We have two neighbors with very dark houses one across the street is more of a mid century modern all one color darkest brown/grey and next door behind some trees a more modern style ranch dark grey with black trim nice windows.

This house is in full bright sun

I was hoping to stay away from white trim but - ? looks like that's pretty much it

Inspo below ::: happy to hear all feedback - thank you !!!

Looking at Sherwin Williams Granite Peak

or Gibralter, Outerspace, Wall Street -

Shutters darker / hue on hue

Comments (11)