SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_mayer45

Mixing warm and cool white/gray tones in different rooms?

Carol M
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am redoing my bathroom and kitchen in a 1920's house. The fireplace has a kind of orange/terracotta tile on it that is warm tone so I'm going with warmer whites/grays for the kitchen, including the countertop (MSI calacatta laza, see pic below) and will be painting the cabinets a warm white (Similar to BM Simply White or maybe even White Dove) and the walls for the kitchen/living room/dining room/hallway to the bathroom will be a greige color with BM revere pewter or edgecomb gray. Initially I wanted to use the same color scheme and countertop for the bathroom vanity to create a cohesive feel. But we are going with a white Kohler bathtub/sink/toilet and any white subway tile and hexagon floor tile that matches with it doesn't seem to go with the countertop because it is too bright white/cool. So I'm considering changing the countertop to a cool tone marble quartz and the cabinet to also a cool white. Would the house not look cohesive with having warm tones everywhere but the bathroom be cool tones? Which, by the way, matching whites is literally the hardest thing I've had to do with this renovation! It's driving me mad. I've seen plenty of posts on here saying mixing and matching warm/cool tones in a single room is ok but I'm worried that everything will be cool except for the countertop/vanity and since the subway tile will be the backsplash for the countertop that it will look look "off".

Calacatta Laza Quartz · More Info

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor