SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my_four_sons

Master bath: white oak, brass and green

my_four_sons
5 years ago

Before, our master bathroom had a massive jacuzzi we had never used and cheap painted cabinets that lacked function. Worse, the tile job in the shower was poorly done with exposed tile edges and other functional problems. I spent a couple of years telling my husband that the tile problem was probably worse in the areas we couldn’t see. Sure enough, when they ripped out the shower the subfloor was covered in mold. It had to be totally replaced, we’re lucky we didn’t end up with our shower falling through the ceiling.

Anyway the fun part was designing all the finishes. I knew I wanted dramatic colors and something that would fit the slight 70s aesthetic in my home. I love wood and brass and green, so that’s what I did. I also wanted a larger shower and a makeup vanity area. I know people take out makeup vanities, but it’s one of my parts of the renovation. The floating vanity has a lift up area where I keep my hair dryer and curling iron. The led mirror is awesome for makeup. Love it. We also have heated floors and a Kohler bidet seat which is fantastic.

Comments (18)