SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help with master bath finishes

2ajsmama
12 years ago

Well, maybe finishes isn't the best word, but the layout is pretty much set (except for the vanity - see my other post). I do have floor tile, and all the faucets and towel bars are Delta Victorian bronze. 60" (but deep!) soaking tub foamed into place in 82" x 46" x 19" high deck, the deck will be tiled, I'm leaning toward HD Marazzi Artisan Raphael.

Floor tile (wavy edge, Marazzi Antique discontinued, lots of gray but some brown)

Raphael (with BM Edgecomb Gray paint and the wall paper border I plan on using at top of wall in MBR and bath)

Here's the floor tile with the Edgecomb Gray. Not sure if I like it - too similar. I did get a sample of Gray Wisp to try but haven't slapped it on yet.

The 6-panel pine doors and pine Colonial trim have to stay since they are throughout the house. Maybe I can replace the trim, but doors (1 linen closet and 3 pocket doors) are too $$ to replace. All trim in the house is stained, no painted wood (trim or furniture) at all.

Tub has a window in the alcove (I'd like for it to be bigger/lower but lost the battle with the builder), there is app. 14.5" between stool and finished tub deck. I was going to use a Country Curtains ORB/copper curtain rod with the green valance shown (also in MBR) and the taupe (custom) Roman shade for light control.

Shade

MBR is painted BM Horizon (reads blue) with green carpet, natural cherry Shaker furniture, and ORB light fixtures (we replaced the brass lamps).

Plumbing/lighting roughin dimensions are given in the other thread - the 60" vanity I ordered from the builder didn't fit well in the 73" space, they didn't bother to center lighting over the sink openings, I thought about adding a filler at the wall (on right) but the left hand cold supply line would have to move otherwise it would be behind the center bank of drawers, and there would not be much space under the sink since the waste would be almost 10" to the right of the center of that sink, the P trap would take a lot of room. Then DH broke the back corner (flimsy particleboard triangle that needed to be reglued anyway). Could be reglued and a new block put it (and then I'd add a filler and a new end panel on it anyway to match the other side, making a 59.5" vanity into a 67.5" vanity), but not sure I want to bother (would also need to drill new holes in the back for plumbing if move over 4").

Vanity is Merillat Classic Sutton Cliffs in Maple Toffee. I thought that would go well with our cherry BR set, and we have Sutton Cliffs Oak (Cider stain) downstairs in the kitchen. But we don't have to keep it, even though it's never had a countertop on it so it's "new".

Farmhouse Colonial, maybe I'm stuck in the 80's, but not really into transitional/eclectic style, I like natural wood and raised or Shaker panels (LOVE Mission but this house style isn't really Mission/A&C though I've tried to sneak a few touches in with dark LR furniture and "Mission" style newels on the oak staircase - mixed with Victorian brass scroll rail brackets!).

Sorry I don't have a good exterior picture since we redid the porch

Design help please?!

Comments (17)