SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plainmaryjane

Pictures of finished master bath

plainmaryjane
12 years ago

Longtime lurker here. Found a wealth of useful information and I appreciate this place immensely. I've created a photobucket album to share the results - it seems to be a common request for photos, so I hope it's okay to share.

A few comments:

1. Small bathroom + unskilled photographer = less than perfect photos

2. We intend to put in glass shower doors, but I lost my job the week we signed the contract for this project, so those were put on hold. I was too lazy to take down the curtain (I had just put up) for the photos.

3. We are having shutters installed on the windows, which delays the use of the room for another few days and it is killing me. Sigh.

3. Apologies for not taking the time to figure out how to include the images in this message, but I start a new job Monday and I'm trying to use my last day of leisure wisely (i.e., putting my master bedroom back together - the project finished yesterday).

Some details about the items used:

Tile: Porcelain wall tile (cashmere), glass shower floor tile (frosted wheat), marble bench and curb (crema marfil), travertine floor and niche surround (jinshan bone), niche background is also stone (cusco?), granite vanity top (giallo ornamental?).

Toilet: Toto soiree

Vanity: Foremost Naples

Plumbing fixtures: Grohe

Some before and after photos are included in the link below.

It's a small room (24" vanity), but we were able to expand the shower significantly for the original footprint, though it did cost me a bit of closet space.

I also want to add here that I LOVE MY CONTRACTOR (sorry for yelling, but he is worthy, I promise). His professionalism and attention to detail (more than mine, and that's saying something, but I guess it is his industry) are amazing. As the project was wrapping up, I had one item I was not 100% happy with (the light was about 1" lower than I would have liked). I didn't think it worth mentioning, as EVERYTHING else is perfect and it wasn't that big of a deal - we're talking an inch. He apparently agreed, as the last thing he did was raise that (without my having said anything to him).

Thanks again for all the help and guidance you all provided, even though I anonymously received it. The "what was your best decision" thread was instrumental in our final decisions.

~mj

Here is a link that might be useful: MaryJane's Master Bath Remodel

Comments (11)