SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan631_gw

Completed Master Bath With Pictures

susan631
14 years ago

We've been using our new master bath for about a month now, so these pictures are long overdue. I have a window blind on order (we've been using a temporary paper blind) and I still have to find some artwork to hang, but everything else is done. Many, many thanks to everyone on this forum. I don't think things would have turned out so well without all of you. Special thanks to Mongo for all his great advice on ventilation!

A quick history of the 'before' of our project: Our house, built in 1964, used to have a flat roof deck off the second floor master bedroom which was 20 x 12. The master bedroom had a very tiny closet and a very tiny bathroom. We decided to enclose the deck and incorporate it into living space as part of the master bedroom. The first three photos are 'before pictures' The first two show what the deck looked like before the construction began and there's also one picture taken during the construction. The remainder of the pictures show the finished bathroom and one picture of the new closet. We divided the 20 x 12 space into a new closet which is 7 x 12 and a new master bath which is 13 x 12.

Materials in used in the bathroom:

Tile on floor and in shower: 20 x 20 porcelain. I don't know the name of these tiles, but they were purchased at Cancos, a chain of tile stores here on Long Island where we live. (Cancos also has a location in Manhattan and one in Queens). Accent tiles in shower are glass with marble pencil liner border running across the top and bottom rows of the glass tiles. Also purchased at Cancos.

Cabinets: Merillat Masterpiece Maple, color is chestnut

Cabinet pulls: Top Knobs

Countertops: Corian, color is Oat. The sinks are integrated (one piece with the countertop) and are Corian white.

Sink Faucets: Danze Fairmont Widespread, brushed nickel. Soap dispensers on countertop were purchased at Bed, Bath & Beyond and are a great match to the faucets.

Towel Rings and Toilet Paper Holder: Danze Bannockbun, brushed nickel

Showerhead on bar: Grohe Movario, brushed nickel. Thermostatic. Trim piece on shower wall with control handles are Delta Brizo.

Shower base: Corian bone color. I regret not getting the base in the Oat color (same as the countertops). I think I would have been much happier. Although the bone base matches the shower tiles nicely, the solid color shows everything.....every water spot and piece of hair. I am constantly having to wipe it down. Not sure what I was thinking when I chose the color.

Shower niches and seat: Corian Oat color.

Toilet: Kohler Memoirs comfort height

Towel Warmer: Amba/Jeeves, straight bars, Model E. We put it on a timer.

Lighting: Portfolio 4-light brushed nickel fixtures from Lowes, Item #115280, Model #93240. There are also hi-hats in the room.

Radiant Floor Heat: Warm Tiles

Mirrors: We went to a local custom picture framing shop and they made up wood picture frames for us in the exact size we wanted. We gave these frames to our tile guy, who tiled them with the same glass tile we have as an accent in the shower. We then brought the tiled frames back to the store and they put mirrors in the frames for us.

Wall Color: Behr's Premium Plus Ultra Soft Chamois

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan 631 Completed Master Bath

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz