SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Classic Gray looks ivory in master bath, gray in master closet!

juddgirl2
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We used BM Classic Gray in the master bathroom and master closet. I was looking for a light, warm gray. Both rooms are right off the same wall in the master bedroom, but the closet faces north and the bathroom faces south (and has less direct natural light).

The only reason I used color on the closet walls was to match the bathroom, since you can see into both rooms from the bedroom when the doors are open. I usually just use white in closets to match the trim.

Turns out the room colors don't match after all because Classic Gray looks totally different in each room! It's a pretty ivory in the bathroom (where I would have preferred a light gray with the carrara) and a light gray in the closet (where it doesn't matter so much).

Oh well! I put some brighter 3500 recessed lights in the bathroom to brighten it up, and it is a nice color anyway. I have warm weathered oak vanity and medicine cabinets going in the room too, so hopefully it will all work well together.

Will different lighting help cool down the color a bit more?

Here are some photos of the bathroom, with and without the recessed/sconce lighting on, vs the closet with no lights. Also a photo of my selections.

Closet = light gray:

Bathroom = light ivory:

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County