SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
camg_gw

Master bath/closet layout?

CamG
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

We're getting close to finalizing our plans for a new house. The part of my house I'm least comfortable with is the master bath and closet. Both seem really large, and the toilet seems a bit awkward.

I'm open to rearranging this, but I'm not sure how. I understand the toilet can't move too far, as it's right above a wall below it.

Assuming we generally stay with this size, I'm not sure how to arrange the vanity. One option would be to have sinks on either side and a little makeup counter in the center. Or, we could have tall cabinets on each side, a smaller run of sinks in the middle, and a makeup table in the walk in closet. I'm a little uncomfortable with the latter, as I'm not thrilled with the idea of hairspray and makeup powder in the same room as the clothes. On the other hand, if we put the makeup counter in the middle of the run of sinks, then there won't be great storage for them, and all of the bottles and such will be sitting out and around all of the time (or will all have to be taken out of the base cabinet and put back each day).

I've rearranged it a bit myself and drawn in in gray what the current plan roughly is. (We will probably need to increase the length of the WC and push the toilet wall a bit further into the master, but that's fine relative to the wall below.) Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (17)