SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
123ag

Challenging Master Bath Closet Layout

123ag
5 years ago

Our small master suite space is a bit challenging. We have gone back and forth on so many designs. The attached drawing shows the side of the house where the master suite and one other bedroom and bath will be. We are already planning on moving some walls and doing some reframing and are not specifically tied to where the current walls are, but I do like that in this drawing the kids bedroom is 10' x 12' and the master is 12.8' x 12' (still small but the best we can do in this house). There is a window on the kids side that would have to be reworked if we made that bedroom any smaller which does present some challenges. One of the other challenges is that entrance of the master could be moved back (north) 3.5' but it doesn't leave enough room for a wall of closets on the north side of the bedroom and then an entrance to the bath, so I think the bath entrance has to be along the north wall of the bedroom, but maybe there are some other creative ideas. Kids bath will just be a standard bath layout and we are ok if the toilets are on two different stacks, so the master bath does not need the toilet to necessarily be on the shared wall with the kids bath. I would love to have a 5' double vanity and a 12 sq ft shower in the master, but not sure if I can fit it all in. I would love any thoughts from the community on what you would do. Thanks so much!

Comments (20)