SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dayna_frei57

Daughter's Room is Done! Now she can come home from college! ;)

Dayna Frei
5 years ago

I posted a couple weeks ago, asking for help with choosing desk for my daughter. We hadn't touched her room in 11 years, and it was time for the turquoise and wallpaper to go. In the end, she really wanted a desk as she doesn't like sitting on her bed for long period of time (back pain), and she's been wanting a study area for a while.

We painted the walls which really lightened the room; the original pic didn't show just how BRIGHT the turquoise was! She's very outdoorsy, so I did the mountain wall. The bedding she originally picked arrived and we all did NOT like it, so I put a quilt my aunt made on for now. It's made of her old t-shirts on one side (very busy) and grey on the other. Added sheers from IKEA, well, everything is from IKEA LOL... the desk, chair, cabinet and accessories. Luckily, she loves it!

Oh, and the place I ordered the quilt and shams from that we're NOT using, DENY Designs .... shout out to them! I contacted them to process the return, and next thing I knew, they refunded $270 and told me to keep or donate the items. What?!!! I do still love the shower curtain I ordered from them several years ago - fun stuff!

Thank you, all, for your help! It really got me started in the right direction!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals