SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thamesnat

What color tile should I use on Mudroom/friend entrance flooring

Building a home.. I have a separate friend entrance which will most likely be the entrance most used. It will also have a mudbench in side. It has stairs that leads up to a bonus room area as well. This entrance also goes down hallway to two guest bedrooms and a secondary full bathroom. There is a Wood flooring comes down main hallway and stops at mudroom area. And the laundry room is visible to this area as well. I have chosen a decorative tile for laundry room. Since the sencondary bathroom is directly off the mudroom/friend hallway I would assume the tile should match the hallway tile. I am not sure whether to put a light color tile in the hallway and bathroom or try to go dark and how to dress it up to look good? Im thinking it should coordinate with my laundry tile since its visible. I'm so confused as to what pattern of tile or color. My theme is more classic rustic but painted white duck trim and doorways throughout. The exterior of house is a rustic red siding and stone. Can anyone give me some advise on what to use in this hallway and bathroom?

From friend door entrance toward back bedrooms shows the hallway area- mudbench will be on right and there is a stairway going up on the far right you can't see.

image is sideway= laundry is on left- wood floor from main hallway not stained yet- mudroom hall on right (if you flip this photo upright)

laundry room tile

Just example of color and style of bath off hallway- natural stain maybe little blonder then this picture

Possible choice of light tile for hallway and bath???? Actually a little more off white then photo shows

Maybe some other choices of hallway and bath tiles?

Example of house exterior and style

hallway mudrooms from bedrooms toward friend door entrance - before wood floor laid which would be on right and laundry room at top right

Comment (1)