SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bengardening

ear pain sorry lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

bengardening
5 years ago

Night before last night when I was going to sleep I got this weird pain on the outside of my ear. I think I must have gone to sleep and then I forgot about it. Yesterday at about 4:00 it happened again. I had it for about 3 hours and then I went to a neighbor that smokes and had her blow some smoke in my ear and put a cottonball in in to keep it in there. I don't know if it even helped because it is not there all the time. Anyhow a couple of hours later it happened again. I took some aspirin for the pain. During the night I woke up and it hurt again, I thought what am I going to do now. I got up and cut a thick slice of onion and heated it up in the microwave. Then I wrapped it in a washcloth and put it on my ear. When I woke up this morning I still had the pain. I made a doctor appointment for today. I told him what was going on. He told me he doesn't know what it is. I don't have an ear infection everything looked fine. He told me we will just have to watch it and see what it does. Then he said something about shingles, but they usually don't start there. He said it is a nerve sending a message to the brain to say something is wrong but he doesn't know what it is. He told me to take Ibuprofen for the pain. The onion and smoke are proven home remedies, but they are for inside the earaches and that is not what I have. Has anyone ever had something like this? So then I went to a chiropractor and had an adjustment that I needed anyway, because I read last night that that might help. It didn't help either.

Comments (41)