SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Your favorite and best red roses

sara_ann-z6bok
5 years ago

I would be interested to know which red roses, not just Hybrid Teas are your favorites/best. Even though I have mostly Hybrid Teas I realize there are so many other kinds and would love to know about them all.

LIEBESZAUBER

CHRYSLER IMPERIAL is kind of a sentimental favorite and is gorgeous at its best, but sometimes has a tendency to have a low petal count, but as it becomes more mature, hopefully that will change.

FIREFIGHTER is a gorgeous rose, and like CI is always intensely fragrant, its one fault for me is in extreme heat the petal edges turn brittle, I don’t recall any other red doing that, but that’s kind of a minor thing considering its other attributes.

DARK DESIRE seems to be a good rose and I’ve been fairly pleased so far, but mine is not very fragrant yet.

ROUGE ROYALE was new to me this year and didn’t bloom a lot, but I was impressed, the pictures don’t do its beauty justice and late in the season I added two gorgeous, intensely fragrant blooms to an assorted bouquet. While the blooms are not what I think of as a typical HT, I love them just the same!

DUBLIN BAY - Even though this rose needed rejuvenated this past season, it’s been a remarkable rose for me, it’s another one that blooms consistently. Looking forward to seeing what it does in 2019. Not very frangrant, but a great rose!

Comments (10)