SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

hold waffles in the oven?

rob333 (zone 7b)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My mother is declining healthwise. She's quit eating and taking her medications because she forgets or it's too much effort, we're not really sure. One thing I thought I would do to help out is come to her house before church, to get her ready for church, but also to have breakfast with her. Church has been a really social thing that's dropped off, but seems easy enough to get going again. I decided to make an opportunity out of all of it, so I want to have an extended time for hanging out, more brunch like. I'm inviting my brother and sister and any family they want to bring with them, every week. But now I'm lost on what I can make ahead of time and vary it? This week was over easy eggs on top of Pollack and topped with hollandaise. English muffins and cantaloupe. Worked well. Sort of deconstructed eggs Benedict. Really loose take on it. I want waffles and berries with bacon next week, so help me out?
Make them beginning to end and keep them in the oven while I set the table? Will that work?

Comments (10)