SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccwatters

Double Ovens...Again

ccwatters
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Curious to hear about anyone actually using CURRENTLY AVAILABLE models of any various brands of double ovens.

I went back to appliance dealer today for a replacement for a just-one-month-old oven and am completely underwhelmed by the choices. Would like to hear what you like or don't like about your double ovens. Have asked before but only heard from someone Electrolux and Dacor with the same issues. Just hoping to get more input.

OPTIONAL BACKSTORY:

Loved my 2003 Thermador, but had to replace. Bought a Dacor double convection oven before Thanksgiving. Arrived with uneven doors and the dealer set out to get a Dacor replacement for me (service came out determined it was unrepairable.

Between now and then, it additionally bakes every single thing very unevenly, temperature is unreliable by often dropping 100+ degrees, blows a LOT of hot air into kitchen, each light already went out at separate time. Needless to say I'm not replacing with the Dacor that was sent to dealer because I think it's too risky. I had high hopes for this oven and it's great looking as well....but it operates like a refurbished oven.

My two main uses on my old Thermador were Convection Bake and Convection Roast and am looking for an oven that at least handles those two functions well!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022