SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missyl11

This appliance stuff is overhwelming

missyl11
13 years ago

We recently purchased a home where I am lucky enough to be able to remodel the entire kitchen however I want. Currently, the kitchen has a double oven and a gas cooktop. We would most likely like to keep that configuration, plus it seems that a lot of people on here agrees with that configuration. I cook and bake A LOT and it is truly a passion of mine, so we want to do this kitchen right. We, however, may sell the house in 5 -7 years, so I don't want to invest a ton of money that we can't get out. So...I read these forums and get so confused. Yesterday we priced out the Kitchenaid Professional series including the double oven/microwave combination and then i got on here and got scared. I read and read, but really want straight forward answers.

1. what gas cooktop? Do we splurge for the Wolf, Dacor, Thermador, etc or is the Kenmore elite or KitchenAid Professional type sufficient and if so, what is suggested?

2. Dishwasher. I saw on here everyone tends to suggest the Bosch, but then the lady at the store said KitchenAid was bigger.

3. Double oven. Do we get a true double oven? Double oven/microwave combination or some other combination?

4. Refrigerators. I am thinking of bottom freezer and we don't want the water and ice on the door. We just don't use it and to me it is wasted space. We priced out a Kitchen Aid cabinet depth, but are there better ones out there? Samsung I read is highly rated.

Thank you for any help that you can provide. I know that this message has probably come up before, but I have been searching for answers and just feel so overwhelmed.

Comments (14)