SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Follow up on under eye wrinkles

amykath
5 years ago

Hey everyone. I wanted to post a follow up to my question I had asked regarding crepey wrinkled skin under the eyes. (and under eye bags)

I went to a surgeon yesterday to talk about my eyes and other areas. Since I have lost 20 pounds and quite quickly my skin under my eyes is now loose and looks terrible. He said the best thing was to have surgery. Specifically lower blepharoplasty eyelid surgery. He also said that laser treatments would help (particulary mixto) but if I were to bother, surgery would be my best bet. I have to admit I was bummed. Both of these options are spendy and have a bit of downtime.

He was very honest and talked me out of a great number of things I thought would help. He does not do this particular surgery and referred me to another doc if I was interested. I did get some botox and am going to see how that turns out. It was placed along the line of wrinkles both vertically and horizontally just above my eyebrows and where the skin meets my lips. I have slight wrinkles on my lips and above.

I will keep you guys posted. I also purchased an under eye gel from Neutrogena to help (hopefully) with tightening the skin around my eyes. I definitely want to do something about my skin under my eyes.... I'm just not sure what and when yet.

Comments (25)