SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

Neighbor follow-up

tehuti
16 years ago

How I did it.

Take one bowling ball  stare at it for several weeks (not continuously or people will really start talking).

Fasten a golf ball for the nose - I put it in the thumb hole.

Secure 2 lag bolts under the golf ball for the mustache.

If you have an old goose-neck lamp you can form the mouth and attach it below the mustache. Maybe an old piece of flexible electric conduit will work, actually anything will work even a piece of rope could be formed into the mouth- especially if you first work some glue into the fibers.

The Batch of purple hair under the hat is actually a worn wire wheel from my bench grinder.

The hat was constructed by cementing a kitchen ladle (minus the handle) to a round piece of scrap.

I donÂt have a clue what the ears used to be. My DW brought home a small bag of metal pieces from a thrift store.

The eyes are made from 2 ½ round glass beads glued to two large clear glass beads. That reminds me I'm running short of those.

And the beard is made from a hand strainer (a spatula type.)

There is a light coating of mortar (1 part mortar clay, 2 parts cement, and 5 parts sand).applied to fill in some weak areas and the rest is paint.

Oh, the hands are just an old pair of gloves and the gate some left over wood.

ThatÂs it: counting drying time (IÂm not very patient) the whole project  three days.

Robert

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022