Has anyone tried CBD oil for pain ?

Toomuchglass

It's a part of the cannabis plant that doesn't contain THC so you don't get a high. It's recommended for pain , trouble sleeping ,anxiety ,etc. I was looking into it for my DH's gout pain (he's allergic to any kind of pain killer) . I also read it can be used for dogs if they have fears ( fireworks,loud noises,etc...)

Not alot of studies have been done - in fact - they don't even have a recommended dosage . It's hit & miss.It's expensive,too. Part of me thinks it might be good and part of me thinks it might be "snake oil" ...LOL Have you had any experience with it ?

SaveComment72Like
Comments (72)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ritaweeda

This was discussed very recently on Dec. 23rd so you might not get a lot of posts here. But as for me it did nothing. It also didn't help my dog at all for fear of thunder. But I've heard some people do get results, so I guess everyone is different. I'm one that suspects it's the new snake oil gimmick to suddenly make some people a LOT of money but I might be wrong. And yes, it's expensive and you don't know for sure what you're getting whatever you buy and who knows what the proper dosage should be. I'm leery of it to tell you the truth, and by the way, it tastes AWFUL!

Save    
maifleur01

You will find a thread from about a month??? ago on this on Kitchen Table. Like all things it appears that it works for some but not for others. Probably because of the source of the pain. Rubbing it onto a gouty area does not sound like something I would want done to me.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Suggest you try reading up on it as reported in medical sources rather than on a online discussion forum :-) There is a great deal of info out there if you Google. CBD oil is considered medical marijuana and is legal in a good many places. Most doctors agree it has some health benefits but will not be equally effective for all. And they can also suggest a proper dosage from a recognized supplier. Although many do, I would not be inclined to purchase from some random Internet provider, just as I would not purchase other pharmaceuticles from an unknown source.

Save    
pkramer60

I have tried both the oil and the cream. I have more/greater relief from chronic back pain with the cream as it targets the spot. You don't need much, about a drop.

Save    
liira55

My daughter takes it for her anxiety and she said it was a life changer. For me, it did nothing but give me such a dry mouth that no amount of water would fix it.

Save    
patriciae_gw

In the US there has been very little research done because you have to get your materials from the Feds and they don't give them out easily if ever so it makes studies almost impossible. Such things are legal in my state but still illegal federally. Such a mess. I am a cautious person and would like more research before I start taking or using concentrated forms of constituents of Marijuana but I would not be at all surprised that there are legitimate medical uses. Think of all the prescription drugs that work for some people and not others.

Save    
Toomuchglass

Oh -- I'm sorry .... it was discussed before I got here. I'll have to peek. Once again ---sorry !

Save    
graywings123

My friend's neurologist recommends Bluebird brand of CBD.

1 Like Save    
joyfulguy

Don't have any info to offer re this question.

They're having an information session on medical marijuana at my village church tomorrow night, 30 Jan ('19), following up on it having been legalized in Canada a few months ago.

That's at Lambeth, Ontario, southwest of London, north 4 mi. from highway 401 from Windsor/Detroit and 1 mi. from 402 from Sarnia/Port Huron.

Free.

I'm figuring to be there (as part of my birthday celebration) rather than my regular monthly investment info group meeting.

ole joyful

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I use CBD gummies to help me sleep. I am a terrible sleeper, Many nights up til 4 in the morning. It has made a difference for me.

i buy from Green Roads, made in USA.

I asked my neurologist about CBD oils and he said he does not prescribe it (I have Essential Tremors) but some of his patients do use it.

Save    
phoggie

Kathyg....did CBD oil help your ET? I also bought 60 day supply from Green Roads and I did not get any relief... I was so hopeful but disappointed.

Save    
anniesjacuzzi

I have suffered from migraines for over 40 years...I have tried myriads of medications.....Botox...nerve blocks....I take daily medication as

a preventative as well as take a rescue medication when I feel a migraine starting. I take specific vitamins targeted at reducing migraines also. I am tired of all of it so I am trying CBD oil. I have been using it for about 4 months and I have had a significant reduction in the intensity of my migraines. I have completely stopped one of my daily medications and have reduced my other daily medication by half! I have only used my rescue medication once. It has been a life changer for me!

Save    
roy4me

I got some today.

Very effective within 20 minutes.

Be sure to go somewhere the people are well informed

There are so many options and difficult to know what to purchase.

1 Like Save    
Nicole (CO Z5b)

Both me and the dog use it, grown and produced locally. I had daily headaches - every single day. Started CBD oil over a year ago and can probably count on one hand how many I've had. My pooch was 14 and in pretty sad shape, thought I was going to lose her but hemp turned her around, turning 15 next month and still going strong. Yes I'm a believer! Will say I had the boyfriend try it, he's a horrible sleeper, didn't do anything for him.

Good luck to you!

1 Like Save    
kathyg_in_mi

phoggie, I did not take CBD oil, just the Relax Gummies for sleep.

BUT, now that you ask this, I realize that my tremors have seemed to subside some. Has to be the Gummies, haven't changed anything else. I have been using the Relax Gummies for about 25 days, just got my second order.

1 Like Save    
Ava

I am glad you brought this up again. I am going to pass this info on to someone who suffers with Migraines.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Why not try the real thing? (I think I made this comment not too long ago in another thread of a similar topic) Yes, it's not available in some states but it is in very many. The benefits realized by many (but not all) sufferers of things like chronic pain, migraines, tremors and seizures, etc., are what gave the medical marijuana movement validity and impetus to begin with.

2 Likes Save    
maifleur01

How would you use the real thing? Smoking or in tea? Breathing in particles can cause lung irritation. Long term use of any smoking product can cause all kinds of damage to the lungs including cancer. While I have no objections to anyone that is actively dying I still can see where smoking anything damages the lungs. I would rather people use the oils and extracts that smoke it.

Save    
anniesjacuzzi

I prefer not to get high.... so the CBD oil I use doesn’t contain THC like ”the real thing”....

2 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

My knowledge of medicinal marijuana dosage and use is limited to things I've heard in social conversations. But I know that the material itself is significantly more potent than it ever used to be. For a slight buzz of a high, I know that one "hit" of material of average strength is more than enough. Based on that, medicinal use intended to not produce much of a high may not take much at all. I really don't know and would hope someone with firsthand experience could contribute. But even if it results in slight inebriation, so what? Do it at home in the evening, have a good sleep and feel better.

Think of how many people safely (and responsibly, I should add) enjoy alcoholic beverages. Getting "a little high" is never my objective, the enjoyment of the flavors is what it's all about, but as a by-product it's not the worst thing.

As for particulate matter, those who live in areas where there are coal burning power plants, or wood burned in your house or others such that burning by-products are in indoor and outdoor air, or industrial pollution in your region, have far bigger exposure issues to think about than to inhale marijuana smoke every now and then.

2 Likes Save    
maifleur01

The difference is the marijuana smoke for health reasons would not be every now and then but daily or as some do several times a day to ease pain as one of my DIL's does to kill the pain from where part of her foot was lost in an accident.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I've read that this smoke is significantly less harmful than tobacco smoke. Is that wrong? Medicine has side effects, I'm careful about what I ingest but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to try MM if it could be helpful for me.

For some, I think there's a prudish or falsely conservative aura to it, like using it is morally wrong in and of itself. How silly and how sad if that attitude prevents trying something that might have health benefits.

1 Like Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Inhaling marijuana smoke is just as harmful to your health as is inhaling cigarette smoke. Toxins and potential carcinogens are released with the combustion, be it wood, tobacco or marijuana! Pretty much any medical authority will confirm this.

However a valid point is made that marijuana smokers tend to use their drug of choice with far less frequency than a cigarette smoker typically does. Also, you can still realize the same benefit(s) from cannabis by consuming the edibles, rather than smoking it. In fact, because the entry of the THC or CBD into the body's system is more direct from eating, the effect is typically faster and stronger. And cannabis edibles are quite tasty things and come in a huge range of presentations..........like a sugar supplement you can add to coffee ot tea (or baked goods), mints and gummies, cookies and other baked goods, soft drinks and ciders.

2 Likes Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Back to CBD oil....yes, my husband and I both started taking it over a month ago. I can report that my bad knee, which has been extremely painful for over a year, is vastly improved. It's crazy.

I've also been sleeping much better.....and longer. I have no issue with getting to sleep, but staying asleep is a problem. The CBD oil seems to have had an effect on my sleep pattern or anxiety or whatever is going on. I'm averaging two to three hours more sleep per night, every night. If I have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I've been able to crawl right back under the covers again and nod off in a few seconds.

My husband has reported improved sleep, reduced anxiety, lower blood pressure and improved cholestrol levels.

We use drops, taken sublingually.

1 Like Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I smoked marujuana back in the 60’s and 70’s, so I know what it does to me.

i wouldn’t mind smoking it now, but I quit cigarettes 20 years ago and am afraid I would want to smoke cigs again (I do miss them sometimes) so I will continue with my Relax Gummies and try the oil if I feel it might benefit me some day.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

A pot smoker taking one or two small hits every day or every few days will be inhaling far less in a week than a cigarette smoker gets from one cigarette. It's hardly a valid comparison. And I have heard that the combustion products are less dangerous than burning tobacco but maybe not.

A problem with purchased pot edibles, I've heard, is the variability of the dosage from one item to another, from one batch to another. Making one's own edibles may help solve that by experimentation but again, it's probably less than reliable. On the other hand, the strength of pot purchased to smoke is typically sampled and indicated for the various types. Is that reliable? Probably more so but maybe not.

Save    
joyfulguy

Last night at the cannabis information session at the village church the lady from a cannabis provider said that only about 65% of the active ingredient is received when smoking ... but about 95% when vaping.

ole joyful

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Elmer, I was smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day when I quit. It took me a full year to quit. My mantra was, “Never quit quitting”. I dont want to go thru that again. Cigarettes were my best friend.

And who says one or two hits a day with mj will be enough?

Will stick to the gummies for the time being, but thanks for caring.

4 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

I don't know much about edibles....or marijuana for that matter, but I will tell you my experience with it.

Back in the late '70's, I decided, after trying it with friends, that I wanted to smoke it, but I would raise my own. Why not....I had a green thumb and plenty of land. I grew two plants. I had read somewhere, written by a hippie, that it helped to name the plant and give it an object of it's own. I don't remember what I named one of them, but one was Alfie, and Alfie's object was a souvenir of Galveston. A plastic sailfish backed up by a scallop shell.

We had very rich soil because the place had been a dairy for many years, but I went to a place...long abandoned...that used to raise chickens and got a big bucket of composted chicken manure. I dug a big hole for each plant and worked it into the soil. I started the plants in small pots, but set them out, once they were growing well, in the prepared spots. It was near a pond and I could turn on a gasoline pump and flood the area.

They grew like gangbusters. I had a hippie friend who grew it and used the shade leaves to make brownies, which he sold. He gave me one, and his recipe.

He said you take a pound of shade (dried weight) leaves and cook it down with butter and use the butter to make brownies. Duncan Hines had a mix that called for butter. Easy peasy.

Well...I don't know if his pound of shade leaves (those are the big leaves and don't have much THC as the buds....hence, you use a lot), were a real pound or if that was an estimate, but I did use a pound, dried weight, and that is a lot!

Since his brownies were pretty potent, I didn't need them to be that powerful, so in mine, I made them like mini fruitcakes with chopped pineapple, cherries, and a little cinnamon. I may have put walnuts in there too. And I baked them in mini muffin tins. There couldn't have been much more than a teaspoon of batter in each one.

So, I wanted to sample them....for taste as well as effect. I didn't expect them to be anywhere near what my friend had made.....after all, he was a "real" hippie, and I was anything but that. I ate two.

Let me tell you, that was the worst feeling of my life. I was basically catatonic for 24 hours. I sat in a recliner while the world spun around me. If it calmed down for a little while and I ate something, then that got it cranked up again. No way in hell I would eat any more of those. Jody gave them to a friend of his....who ate 4 and was wiped out for a weekend, but he loved them. I never made them again but I used to sell pot to some ladies in a bridge club.

I smoked pot for a couple of years, but I quit because it had an adverse effect on me. I would get so all it did was make me think of every bad thing in life that could happen to me.

I haven't smoked it in 40 years. The last time someone gave me a joint, I kept it but didn't smoke it.

Anyway, I realize that edibles professionally made are more standardized than my little foray into making them. I don't care what other people do....none of my business.

My farrier has started selling CBD oil. He says there is a big difference between brands. It doesn't make you high but helps with many ailments. I am thinking of trying it. Would buy from him....have no interest in trying to make my own. :)

9 Likes Save    
Toomuchglass

I was so tempted to buy the CBD oil for my DH's gout . Our local liquor store sells it . It says "for relaxation" . I don't trust it . I'd like to buy it from a reputable store .... but how do I know it's not the same thing as the liquor store sells ? I could just buy a bottle of booze for relaxation ,and I know what's in it ! LOL

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

I will find the name of the one my farrier sells and post it.

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

Hempworx

1 Like Save     Thanked by Toomuchglass
kathyg_in_mi

Check out Green Roads.

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Bump

Save    
Amazing Aunt Audrey

Here it just became legal as a prescribed medicine. I don't know 5he specifics. If it helped the constant pain I suffer I would try it. Being on oxygen 24/7 I couldn't smoke it though.

5 Likes Save    
roy4me

I use the drops and the topical salve.

Works well for me.

1 Like Save    
Terri_PacNW

I just bought this. Purchased for son who vapes mj for sleep assistance, but will soon be graduating college and needs to be thc free for job hunting.

However my husband has tried it on his sore joints. Says it gives quick relief. Cbd oil roll on

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

"son who vapes mj for sleep assistance".

Yeah? Prescribed by a physician or prescribed by himself?

If the second, is it ever used any other time?

Save    
Alex Brown

Personally, I have been taking CBD oil in mornings for dealing with back pain & the results are awesome. Little to no back pain, mood & alertness is great & I am coming off antidepressants and opiods with multiple side effects that I have been on for 8 years as I feel much better using CBD

2 Likes Save    
Marilyn_Sue

It did not work for me.

Sue

Save    
Debby

I'm going to go to a cannabis store and buy my own. I've been using my husbands for the past week, and I'm finding it's helping my hands and my foot. He needs his for his headaches (he uses a 1:1, I just need the cbd by itself). Calgary has SO many cannabis stores I'll shop around to see who has the best deal.

Save    
bengardening

I am going to try it for the pain with my Bell's Palsy. I will let you know if it works or not.

2 Likes Save    
Lindsey_CA

I have a little 2 oz jar of cream that my husband bought for me ($50) that's labled Arnica Cream. The ingredients list is as follows: "coconut oil, water, beeswax, hemp oil, linatural, arnica extract, cannabidiol (CBD), vitamin E oil, st . johnswort extract, calendula extract, lecithin, and essential oils of juniper berry, lavender, rosemary, blue tansy, and helichrysum. This jar contains at least 200 mg of cannabidiol (CBD)."

Hubs got it for me because I have arthritis in both knees as well as my left ankle. This stuff really helps control the pain.

2 Likes Save    
maifleur01

It may not be the CBD but the Arnica as Arnica when it works is a pain reliever. Niece gave my husband some when he had knee surgery. While it did not work for him the person he gave the stuff to swore that it relieved their severe pain.

Save    
eccentric

Debby, what happens if you go on a trip? Having a medical marijuana card won't help you. Serious question. I do know some people who have used CBD oil (and TBD.) and have found it does not help - and others who have used it and it did. One person who took it tried it for bad headaches but got absolutely no relief but found that her arthritis benefited from it. It probably depends on the type of problem and each person's own chemistry.

Will you be paying cash at the Cannibis store? I ask this because of the credit card history (I know I am probably into conspiracy theories here).

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

"Will you be paying cash at the Cannibis store? I ask this because of the credit card history (I know I am probably into conspiracy theories here)."

Here, where cannabis is legal, it is a cash-only business. That is ALL they will accept. In fact, most dispensaries and stores have onsite ATM's for your shopping convenience :)

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

The cash-only practice is because state laws permitting marijuana use are in conflict with federal drug laws. So from a federal perspective (including banking regulation), money from state-legal marijuana businesses is viewed as proceeds from illegal activities and banks that accept such funds are treated as participating in illegal money laundering. There are attempts to sort this out, including the use of state-chartered banks and credit unions in some places.

But for the meantime, it's a cash business in most places as far as I know. That's long been the case here in California where medical marijuana was legalized in 1996. Rent payments, employee wage payments, product purchases, etc., etc., all in cash.

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Here is a news article from NBC. Quite interesting!

CBD

Save    
maifleur01

There was an article I saw several places yesterday about a truck driver that was transporting the raw material that was supposed to be used to make CBD that was arrested in Idaho when his shipment contained more than the legal amount of THC. The shipper and the receiving company both mentioned that the leaves were field grade hemp and did not contain much THC. One report showed that some of the bags had zero when tested. While I doubt if the leaves contained Zero THC it sort of reinforces the idea that for many CBD has a placebo effect. There are of course some that may receive a benefit but if a person is thinking the effect is from the THC they are probably wrong.

Save    
Debby

Eccentric, we know we can't take CBD oil (or any marijuana medication even with a prescription) outside of Canada. We are planning to go to Cuba in a year. The only thing we are worried about is how my husband will handle his headaches without any pain medication. OTC drugs do absolutely nothing for him. So we decided if we stay at an all inclusive he can drink more. lol Who knows, a few good stiff drinks may be all he needs to relax him a bit. I can handle arthritic fingers and feet. He can't handle his headaches (not migraines: his are worse than those).

Save    
whatsayyou18

I always take my CBD with me when we travel internationally. It never occurred to me that it would be a problem.

Save    
bengardening

Just wanted to let you know I will not be trying it. I went for an acupuncture treatment and my pain went away. I still have a little bit but I can take care of it with ibuprofen.

1 Like Save    
eccentric

Debby, I knew about Cuba therefore I decided to point out about Canadians taking marijuana based products out of Canada - it is horrifying the number of people who think that they can, especially those who think that having a prescription will help them. And, yes, booze should help your husband to relax! Re your arthritis, watch out for the nightshade vegetables - tomatoes, mushrooms etc. - there is a whole list. I believe that Cherryfizz can't eat certain such foods due to gout???? I could be wrong though.

Save    
eccentric

gardengal - the problem with marijuana based products in Canada is that it is now legal in all of Canada but you currently (in Ontario at least) have to order it on-line - hence a credit card. Apparently there is going to be some sort of a "card" that people can get to avoid using their credit cards, but "cards" can be traced! In the meantime, drug dealers are flourishing on a cash basis and people are smoking it in the streets.

In Ontario municipalities had the opportunity to decide whether or not they would allow free-standing stores - many opted not to allow them, others did - and now the battle goes on because while many of the users of marijuana do want them they don't want them in their neighbourhoods. Such a surprise!

Personally, I am all for medical marijuana if it is needed (ASL patients come to mind since a relative recently died from this horrible disease at a young age) - but not for those who want to use it for recreational purposes, along with a chaser of alcohol - if they are going to be driving. This is a big issue for me. However, I am biased because I grew up with the issue, although did not use drugs or alcohol. I will now drink wine, but that is it.

If your doctor will give you a medical marijuana note and you have health coverage you must submit the name of the product to your health insurer to determine if it is covered.

Save    
maifleur01

A suggestion for headache sufferers is to ask for a deep tissue massage. I have a shoulder injury since HS that causes headaches. Last time I had therapy other than teaching me a few exercises massage of the neck and that area was all that was done when I refused muscle relaxants. I went for a deep tissue massage last summer because of my shoulder and one of the places on the area on the opposite side was touched immediately caused what a doctor I had many years ago called "cluster headaches". A few more touches, not deep at all, relieved the intense pain and nausea.

Save    
eccentric

whatsayyou - I know that I can't take anything cannabis related to where we will be going in Central Europe. If you are asked and you answer that you are not carrying any such products and then you happen to be selected for secondary screening then you can be in major trouble. I look as innocent as all get out and I am always asked. No one can figure this one out except that they have to ask X number of people so always ask the least likely. It is kind of bizarre.

It is the same for Cdns. travelling to the U.S. As Elmer correctly pointed out, cannabis is under Federal jurisdiction. Many Cdns. feel that as long as they travel directly to U.S. states where cannabis is legal then there will be not an issue. This is of course incorrect.

I am guessing that you have not been asked as yet if you are carrying the product.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

eccentric, using marijuana for recreational purposes is no different than enjoying a glass or two of wine or a couple of cocktails. Obviously you do not want to be doing either when driving!! That is just common sense.

1 Like Save    
Elmer J Fudd

"If you are asked and you answer that you are not carrying any such products and then you happen to be selected for secondary screening then you can be in major trouble"

I'm not sure what European countries you have in mind. I've flown to Europe MANY times (more than 50, probably less than 100), the only formality I've ever had is to present my passport to an immigration officer who inspects it and checks you with a database. They may ask about travel plans and length of stay but nothing else.

In some countries, that step is now automated with kiosks that read the smartchip in the passport. After the immigration formality, I've never once spoken to a customs officer. I wouldn't be surprised if Cuba and other third-world countries (especially corrupt ones) are very different.

Until I got my Global Entry card, the country for which I had the consistently worst experience as an arriving passenger is the United States.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I believe over the counter CBD oil is a "supplement" and not a pharmaceutical. Translation= production is unregulated, uninspected, and adherence to the stated contents on the labels is probably very variable from company to company and even from one batch to another. As it is with other unregulated supplements.

Also famously with supplements, dangerous adulterating chemicals not listed on the label are often found and ingredients listed on labels are often not present in the products.

Save    
phoggie

I tried CBD for 60 days and no relief from arthritis or tremor...I wish I had gotten the good results that some of you have had. Is there anyone who has used it for essential tremor?

Save    
bengardening

I just ordered my first bottle and balm. I will let you know if it helps my bell's palsy

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Phoggie, I got the Relax Gummies from Green Roads to help me sleep. After using them for 3 weeks I realized my ET had significantly slowed down. Really made a difference for me!

2 Likes Save    
joyfulguy

I got a paper from the nurse's info board at the church that sponsored the talk by a C B D provider the other day. There's no indicator of the info provider or to validate the claims, and I did not see it among the materials available on the night of the talk.

It gives a list of 18 circumstances where CBD may be helpful (only the first two have the first word start with a letter in the first half if the alphabet, if you happen to be interested).

According to this list, CBD may help with:

Antibacterial

Inhibits cancer cell growth

Neuro-protective

Promotes bone growth

Reduces seizures and convulsions

Reduces blood sugar levels

Reduces function in the immune system

Reduces inflammation

Reduces risk of artery blockage

Reduces small intestine contractions

Reduces vomiting and nausea

Relieves pain

Relieves anxiety

Slows bacterial growth

Suppresses muscle spasm

Tranquilizing

Treats psoriasis

Vasorelaxant

There's list of several related agents and some of the benefits which they offer, which I may write later, if you'd like.

If you like further info, I'll try to track some down.

ole joyful

Save    
chisue

Glad to see this topic. The chemo for my multiple myeloma (or the disease itself) has caused a shingles-like nerve pain across my midriff. I'm taking five Tylenol-4 pills daily for pain. They've taken me off chemo weekly and I will resume it monthly starting Monday.

When I saw the chief doctor for MM two weeks ago, she recommended I try massage and possibly CBD. She has not had another MM patient with the nerve pain I have although peripheral nerve damage is common. She has one MM patient who has benefited from CBD for peripheral pain and who now makes and sells it. I just this week asked how to contact with her. (MD's aren't going to 'prescribe' something that is not FDA approved -- and probably illegal in the USA.)

Our library puts out a monthly "Book Page" with ads for new books and book reviews. One review in the February issue is for "A Woman's Guide to Cannabis: Using Marijuana to Feel Better, Look Better, Sleep Better -- and Get High Like a Lady" by Nikki Furrer. I put a hold on this at our library.

I know a few people who have vaped CBD this for anxiety, but I'd thought I would look for an oral product. (I am asthmatic.) It's a real downside that there are no standards for this.

1 Like Save    
phoggie

Kathyg_.... did you order your Relax Gummies from the internet?

My DD used CBD oil for a couple weeks but it caused her to be depressed and cried at the drop of a hat...got rid of it and got better.

Save    
watchmelol

Medical marijuana edibles are extremely potent for a reason. It goes back to their original formulation for cancer patients who have lose of appetite and nausea that don't allow them ingest enough to be helpful. Hence a small nibble of say a cookie will serve the purpose. Eat a whole cookie and you may find yourself in down the rabbit hole in wonderland. When the packettes are marked 5x or 10x etc. they are not kidding.

I can't speak to the effectiveness of CBD. I tend to think it's probably more of placebo effect without the THC but it seems to help people so to each their own. Time will tell. I am always suspicious of "cures" that have extremely long laundry lists of unrelated conditions they will help. It goes against science in my opinion and crosses over into the snake oil realm.

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

It's planting time...and I don't have any seeds.

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Phoggie, I ordered them from Green Roads, located in Florida.

Save    
eccentric

Elmer - Italy, by way of Austria and Germany. The funny thing is I never have had too much trouble going to the U.S. If you aren't asked in Europe you are good - if you are and lie, well then things will turn bad fast. At the moment many Canadians are being asked.

Save    
bob_cville

I ran into a co-worker at Lowes who ask me to help load some lumber into his vehicle because he had a painful shoulder. The next day at work he stopped by to thank me, and said his shoulder issue had been going on for several weeks, and said that he had been using a topical CBD oil product to manage the pain and praised it quite highly, saying it made a crucial difference in being able to work and get on with his life as opposed to just laying in bed in pain.

Save    
chisue

I haven't taken this search any further, but am wondering when masking pain might be dangerous. (Prompted by Bob's example of the man with the sore shoulder.) Many years ago I was prescribed a pain killer that helped with hip joint pain. It was recalled -- not sure why, but my hip had deteriorated enough by then that surgery was no longer 'an option'; I had to have a replacement.

Save    
wantoretire_did

Marilyn-c your saga has made my day! I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. Might your farrier share some seeds? LOL

DH will start trying tablets for ET next week. Hoping for some relief.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides The Cure for Houzz Envy: Kitchen Touches Anyone Can Do
Take your kitchen up a notch even if it will never reach top-of-the-line, with these cheap and easy decorating ideas
Full Story
Mudrooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Mudroom Touches Anyone Can Do
Make a utilitarian mudroom snazzier and better organized with these cheap and easy ideas
Full Story
Laundry Rooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Laundry Room Touches Anyone Can Do
Make fluffing and folding more enjoyable by borrowing these ideas from beautifully designed laundry rooms
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More