SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mockingbirdjones

Laundry Room Placement Woes

mockingbirdjones
5 years ago

Any advice is welcomed...

I'm finishing up designing a house that I will live in. And my brain in broken. I cannot solve where/how to put the laundry room. Dropbox link to view plan at bottom of post.

My goals for laundry room.

1. I would be okay with a stackable unit or side-by-side.

2. Have in location where I can keep laundry basket and/or be able to fold clothes (even if that's on top of side by side washer/dryer units).

3. Not create awkward/blocked hallway space with laundry room doors.

Currently designed for stackable unit on second floor between two bedrooms, but it's an awkward size and will likely congest the hall because of no room to work or keep laundry basket. I have considered making that room 5' wide and 6' deep to put side-by-side units in and then making bedroom closets 26" deep and back to back, but then the bedroom closets will only be 4'6" wide. In this scenario bedrooms become a little smaller and I get rid of linen closet.

Alternately, I could put washer/dryer downstairs, but I can't figure out where. I'm open to moving around pantry, coat closet, 1/2 bath, maybe even the master closet? Note: The HVAC closet is no longer necessary b/c I'm having two wall mounted mini split HVAC units on first floor. Also first floor is concrete slab. I'd like to try and not eat up too much of the master bedroom space if moving the laundry downstairs.

Any thoughts? And thank y'all so much in advance because I've exhausted all my brain power.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1unogh2wzvkxgn3/House%20Plan.pdf?dl=0

low res photos but link should be high res...

Comments (12)