SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chery2

bonus room woes

chery2
16 years ago

Since no putting up or taking down walls is happening, I'm not sure remodeling is the word for what my bonus room needs. It's about 20x30, carpeted, painted, and heated w/ in-wall unit. Best of all, it's ALL MINE. Truth be known, it's the main reason I loved the house. We've lived in it almost 4 years, moving from a 1600 sq.ft. "starter home" of almost 30 years.

Anyway, I have not taken care of the wonderful, private space as I should have, and it's a mess. A BIG mess. I have SO MUCH I want to do with it -- my mom's paintings, movie posters, granddaughters' artwork -- but when the time does present itself [rarely], my beloved bonus room ends up last on my list.

Right now, it's cluttered with Christmas decorations, Easter baskets, and a big pile of frames and photos of family in one corner that taunt me, not to mention the seashells, acorns, pinecones, wrapping stuff, wedding-veil makings, books, and extra dishes. Is it any wonder I'm swamped? TOO MUCH STUFF!

I have two chests of drawers, a long table, and a short, unfinished desk w/ 3 drawers, along with a few long shelves and my mother's old classroom cabinet and three foot lockers. I have two pegboards and several of those wire, square adjoining baskets. The wedding-veil stuff is hanging from a portable rod about 3 ft. long.

Before anyone advises me to count my blessings, believe me, I have and I do. I'd just like some advice about how to better arrange my bounty. :O) TIA, chery

Comments (13)