SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

I really have to stop this. :( It's an addiction, I tell you!

dirtygardener
5 years ago

I went for a walk today. I always take my little bag with my clippers, a trowel, and plastic bags just in case. Decided to stop by the community garden trash pile to see what could be had. I ended up with:

12 brugmansia pups (have no idea what kind, but I know they're cold hardy, so YAY!) There were lots more, but I ony had two bags. I'll probably go back and get more tomorrow.

3 rooted offshoots of red firespike. I've been wanting this for so long! I hope they live. they root easily, so I have them in water now.

Cuttings of some kind of plant that I didn't recognize, but it had buds that look like little yellow flowers, and a seed pod on one limb, but I'll find out soon.

I passed up the dozens of eddoe (taro) roots. My friend always discards a ton of them after he harvests. I may get more of those tomorrow as well, but to eat, not plant.

Passed on the plumbago cuttings, because I don't have room for anything really big.

Also passed up a pup from a smaller banana. I know it only gets about 7 feet tall, so it may be Raja Puri. I don't know if I want another banana plant. I'm still trying to get rid of the ones I have.

I really need to stop bringing plants home, but I'm redoing all the gardens this year, so these are for the courtyard.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!