SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lafdr

Suggestions for layout on a large master bedroom closet

lafdr
5 years ago

It can be at the biggest a length of 22 feet, and a width of 11 feet. What would you do with the space?

Currently there are doors at both ends, on the front of the 22 foot side that are the existing doors so hard to change. Though they can be taken out or the double door made smaller.

22 feet

I I

I I

I I

I I

I I 11 ft

I I

I I

I I

I I

I (3 inches to door) (11 feet of wall between doors) (3 ft of wall to door)I

I_ (single door here)_______________________(Double door here)______ I

Single door opens to small hall to laundry room.

Double doors open to master.

It can be one massive closet or 2 or ??

The space is currently an enclosed porch/former indoor pool. I can use all of the space, or only some of it.

I am looking for layout ideas on the closet itself.

As far as suggestions of "ask the architect" I am doing this on a budget and the current plan is for it to be left as a finished space and we will build it out ourselves with closet details that can be done at a later time. Included is the possibility of freestanding shelving and rods so it is adjustable. The bulk of the planning and building costs are on the designing and engineering to convert the former enclosed porch to actual living space on the other side of this closet. So I am trying to plan the closet myself as much as I can. It may end up being a finished storage room with no builtins, depending on how much budget is left by the time we get there........................

Thanks for any help on closet layout.

lafdr

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH