SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_414426823

2nd Floor Layout - Master Bedroom, Bath and Closet 29x20

Michael
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello all,

My wife and I are in the beginning phases of designing a house. The 2nd floor is giving us a bunch of trouble with the layout that I would love input from if possible as we get ready to send preliminary sketches to an architect. Our first concern is how best to layout our master area. The overall foot print is 29 by 20. (I have tried to rough sketch the rest of the floor to give you an idea...we might try to make the kids bedrooms slightly bigger but not sure with this footprint how to do so without bumping out the overall footprint. Also the 2 bedrooms sharing the jack and jill bath will have a built in desk on 1 side and a dresser/bookshelf on the other side of a window that has a bench)

A couple items that we would like and believe to be important for us.

1st - Walk in closets for both. Hanging space (at least 10' for me and 12' for ) I have to wear suits/blazers for work ... so when combined with dress shirts, ties and polos, this takes up almost my entire reach in closet in our current house (6' long). I would like additional space for t-shirts, some sweatshirts, etc. and my wife...well she likes clothes!

2nd- As far as the actual bedroom area is concerned, my wife does not want dressers in the bedroom if possible, so the hope would be to keep all drawers/dressers also contained in the closet area. We would like to have room for a king bed, side tables, area for our dog's bed and a little bit of maneuvering space, but do not want a lot of empty space. I was thinking something around 14x12 or 14x14 would be sufficient as I don't want the tv too far away from the bed either.

Last but not least, the bathroom. We would like a walk in shower (do not necessarily need/want a standalone tub) Also, if possible, my wife would like a vanity and an area to do makeup. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012