SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamaandsage

housekeeper discouraging me from getting a glass shower door

mamaandsage
5 years ago

The woman who cleans my house tells me that all of the showers she's cleaned have water spots on them. We live in AZ and have hard water. I planned on spending the extra money to get the protectant and using a squeegy daily. We do have children and my husband is already saying he doesn't have the time to squeegy. We are remodeling the bathroom due to water getting into the wall due to not maintaining the grout. This was out first house and we didn't know to pay attention to that but I worry we won't keep up with details, but am hopeful that we will take care of a bathroom that cost us so much money and effort to put in. I wanted glass to make the bathroom look bigger and cleaner and to keep the water in the bathroom as the water also used to get out by the toilet (current shower/bath that we are changing into a walk in shower-possibly a curbless shower) and now the paint has peeled in that area, too, and water getting in wall.

Besides maintenance we are planning to tile most of the bathroom to help prevent problems and were planning on the glass but it does certainly sound like it will be disappointing if it won't look good down the road due to water spots, some that will be irremovable once etched into the glass if the safety guard were to fail. Curtains can tend to be another place to breed mold... Shower glass means more cost and more cost to move the valve... Any thoughts? Thx!

Comments (86)