SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamaandsage

reroute shower valve or move shower head each shower/niche/which door?

mamaandsage
5 years ago

We are doing a remodel of a 5' x 9' bathroom where the tub will become a walk in shower. Since the toilet is next to the showerhead the glass panel will be there. I have gone back and forth with putting in a barndoor or a frameless door since I'm going for a clean and simple look. If I have a door I am able to make a larger door so to have a smaller panel to step around-maybe 25" (since I'd prob do a Home Depot door if I went with barndoor due to cost), but then it's difficult to get around in the bathroom as we usually have a stool in front of the toilet.

If we move to valve to the other wall so we don't have to reach around the panel and potentially get wet there's a cost to moving the valve and also I can't have a niche on that side where I wanted to "hide" my shampoos... If I move the valve I'd have to have the niches on the long wall where it'd be very visible. I found some brown bottles that are pretty but would I realistically pour shampoo into them in the long run?

If I kept the valve where it is I get aesthetics and save money. In order to keep the valve where it is I would have to:

A: get wet while trying to regulate shower water

B: put showerhead on massage setting or push to point at wall before turning it on. I heard long ago, though, move the valve to the other wall when I remodel so I wonder what I'm missing. Isn't it easy enough to point the shower head in the other direction?

Any other ideas/thoughts? THX!!!

Comments (14)