Happy Halloween
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Happy Halloween (Costume Reveal)
Comments (15)I found out that the rings on her corset are for holding ingredients (dried herbs, dead rodents, you get the picture). Mary's what one would call a "kitchen witch" as she's always preparing foods or gathering ingredients for Winifred's potions. Her hairstyle is not supposed to be a witch's hat, but rather, it was inspired buy a curled pumpkin stem ;). I love all three sisters, but Winifred/Winnie (whom I went as a couple years ago if you recall) is my favorite. "Shish-ka-baby" is one of my favorite quotes of hers. If you want to humble yourself, work as a server in a restaurant or work with the public. You're often treated like dirt, only rarely being shown compassion or praise. I think for work, since we can't do a full costume, I'll either don a wig or wear one of those witch hats on a headband (probably the witch hat-since a witch is always my go-to classic costume). Of course, Mary or the Bride's hairdos would get a laugh. I have two Hocus Pocus masks, so maybe I'll don Mary's signature 'do. Halloween 2021 hopefully will be back to the way we used to know it. Oh, and Mother Darling and I discovered a film that's become quite dear to us. Has anyone ever seen it? I have a pin with this photo on it I bought off of Etsy. It says "S-T-A-U-N-C-H" on it ;). I think she would approve of my "best costumes of the day". Brad AKA Moonwolf...See MoreHappy Halloween. Candy?
Comments (47)We normally average about 100 kids. I did up 50 baggies of candy this year (I was going to do 100, but decided to do 50 and give the kids who did show 2x as much as I was planning). We handed out 44 bags. We put a fence up about 2 feet from our step making it an easy 8 feet from my front door. The kids would yell "Happy Halloween" and we would get up, santize our hands (my front door is all glass so they can see us do this), then put on a mask, go outside and hand them their candy. Not one parent complained about us not using tongs (if you have covid and don't clean your hands you put the virus on the tongs which puts it on the bags so it defeats the purpose IMO) and putting them in their childs buckets and bags. They were all just grateful that we handed out anything as more than half the houses on my block were closed for the evening. :( My son took his son out in their area and he pretty much hit the jackpot. While I gave him a box full of Nestle full size bars (his favourites are all in one box), a lot of the people in their area also handed out full size bars and one house gave him a family size bag of Cadbury Buttons chocolate. His mom was the most excited about the full size Fun Dips. hahahaha We have a little candy left over, which I'll give to my grandson as well....See MoreHappy Halloween from the 1940s!
Comments (22)All is commercial hype now days. Bleh! Myself and my kids, who were born in the 70s, made up our own costume. Like so many other things that we consume. these new character things are just consumable junk that ends up in the landiflll. And, unlike that old pair of pants that you may have used in your costume in 1970, these things are forever materials in the landfill. I enjoyed the photo from the past. So many things were not such an artificial hype as they are today. Of course, today, you would be less likely to go as a gypsy or a hobo due to political correctness. There is going to be someone who finds offense with so many of these characters. I guess it is still OK to be a princess or a pirate or a ghost, though....See MoreSmile today - 10/31/23 - Happy Halloween!
Comments (11)One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” - Luciano Pavarotti...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

HOLIDAYSThrow a Calm, Happy Kids' Halloween Party — 5 Tips From a Mom
Keep your house and sanity intact with this advice from a veteran of Halloween extravaganzas with every kid on the block
Full Story
ENTERTAININGGuest Picks: Have a Happy (Classier) Halloween
Plastic pumpkins, begone! These spooky grown-up home accessories bring all of the creepiness and none of the kitsch
Full Story
FALL AND THANKSGIVINGIt's Black and White and Fall All Over in a Holiday-Happy Home
Get inspired for budget-friendly fall decorating by a resourceful stylist's thrifty but sophisticated adornments
Full Story
PETS10 Tips for Keeping Indoor Cats Healthy and Happy
It's National Cat Day: Ask not what your cat can do for you (because it will ignore you) but what you can do for your cat
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES7 Salem Homes Say 'Happy Holidays' With Floral Splendor
Abundant displays by local floral designers ring in the holidays for these historic seaside homes in Massachusetts
Full Story
MOST POPULARBewitching Halloween Entryways by Houzzers
Clever, crafty or downright creepy, these outdoor and window decorations by Houzzers cast a spell all their own
Full Story
HOLIDAYSThese Homes Say Happy Mardi Gras!
Let the good times roll around the house with Mardi Gras beads, glittery high heels, Fat Tuesday colors and more
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Eerie Furnishings for Halloween and After
Give your rooms spooky flair minus the kitsch, with hauntingly beautiful pieces that work year-round
Full Story
HALLOWEENLow-Boo Halloween Decor for the Little Ones
A designer balances fright-night scares with familiar delights to cater to the smallest of trick-or-treaters
Full Story
HOLIDAYSPumpkin Themes to Haunt Your Halloween
What current events and decorating styles will inspire your pumpkins this year?
Full Story




functionthenlook