Happy Halloween. Candy?
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (47)
Related Discussions
Candy Corn Halloween Tablescape
Comments (7)Punk. this is a delightful table. Great job stacking the plates to look like candy corn. Rolling the napkins and putting them the glasses to show the design was brilliant. Your buffet looks fantastic!! The 3 ghosts are really neat. Good idea having your DH make a shelf to replace the broken one. TJ sure looks excited for Halloween to arrive so she can go trick or treating with your DGD Rowena looks pleased as punch at all your decorating. I'm sure that's why she is laughing and winking so much. She never meant to cackle so loud that your shelf cracked. And I know she's really happy she wasn't put back in the shed. Believe me, I have learned from experience, Witches do NOT like being locked up before Halloween. TFS your warm and welcoming Halloween Dining Room. Nana...See MoreAnother Halloween Table
Comments (16)Luvs, I don't mind at all. Since they aren't my design, have fun with it. Lynne, since I travel around the state with my job, I hit more TS's than the average bear, which increases my chances for treasures!!LOL Dream, I have fun doing it and I keep tweaking til I think it looks right. Nana, this is the table that I am really going to miss... It is posted with several pictures under "Its a Witches Party and everyone is invited!" or somethng close to that. Its a few pages back now because I posted it around the first of Oct. Karen, If his price hadn't been so good, and he hadn't matched the witches shoe on my dining room table, I probably wouldn't have bought him. And then his hat matched the plates so well, that he isn't even hanging out near the shoe anyway! Kathleen, Thanks, I thought they were really cute too. Also, my apologies, I just noticed I copied someone else's post title. My Bad...Sorry. : ( Happy Halloween everyone. Candy...See MoreHow much candy to give out at Halloween?
Comments (51)Even though it was a beautiful night, I did not have many trick or treaters. I have lots of candy left. I will leave a few out but stash the rest out of sight to be doled out on cold wintry snow days. It was a fun evening. The kids were adorable and excited in their costumes. Some performed and the super heroes showed me their muscles. Everyone of them chatted with me, wished me Happy Halloween, said thank you, and were tickled when I said take 3 or more. Not one overdid it. The oldest kids were about 7th grade. Most of the costumes were homemade. Each had a twinkle in their eye. The best line of the evening, "This is for ravaging" (holding up a long spear; "this is for looting" (extending his booty bag and oh yes trick or treat" I got a big kick out of this 11 year old....See MoreHalloween candy honor system
Comments (71)I had 12 full size Reese's pumpkins ready for the kids. Our door bell rang from 6-7:15. We had just the right amount!! :( I wouldn't have minded ONE for me!! LOL. All our kids come with parents so I am pretty sure Bunny's plan would work for us. I love to see our neighborhood kids and their costumes so always answer my door! We had a big celebration with our students yesterday. I make Kettle korn for them. At the end of the day with the nice weather I panicked and brought some left overs home, just in case....See More- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

HOLIDAYSThrow a Calm, Happy Kids' Halloween Party — 5 Tips From a Mom
Keep your house and sanity intact with this advice from a veteran of Halloween extravaganzas with every kid on the block
Full Story
ORANGEInspired by Halloween: Candy Corn Color Palettes
The iconic orange, yellow and white Halloween candy suggests sunny colors for every season
Full Story
ENTERTAININGGuest Picks: Have a Happy (Classier) Halloween
Plastic pumpkins, begone! These spooky grown-up home accessories bring all of the creepiness and none of the kitsch
Full Story
PETSUpload of the Day: Catwalks Keep Pets Happy in a Candy-Colored Condo
Shelves and wall-mounted boxes keep 2 cats active and entertained while their guardian is at work making jelly beans
Full Story
HALLOWEENHouzz TV: Candy-Corn Candles for Halloween or Anytime
These DIY layered candles will sweeten up any Halloween tablescape. Here’s how to make them with soy wax chips and your microwave
Full Story
FALL AND THANKSGIVINGIt's Black and White and Fall All Over in a Holiday-Happy Home
Get inspired for budget-friendly fall decorating by a resourceful stylist's thrifty but sophisticated adornments
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLWhat’s Your Halloween Decorating Style?
Do you prefer pretty pumpkins or gory ghouls? Whimsical witches or wall-scaling skeletons? Please share your photos here
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Decor That Doesn't Scream 'Halloween'
Subtly moody art and accessories can work well around the home for October 31 festivities and long after
Full Story
CONTAINER GARDENS10 Boo-tiful Black Plants for Halloween
Dramatic and just a bit eerie, these inky plants set the right Halloween mood in a garden or on a patio
Full Story


rob333 (zone 7b)