Help me find a discussion about cooking shrimp
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Can we discuss cooking our own dog food
Comments (25)When I looked into switching to a better food several years ago the links on the Tails of the Tundra Siberian rescue website had some great info. I've included a link below. *********************************************************** Also, on a different forum I came across a "food grading system". . Its a method of analyzing the ingredients of the food you feed and determining whether its a high quality/healthy kibble. You will need your kibble's list of ingredients, as found on the bag (or oftentimes their website). Please note, however, this is for ingredients ONLY.... so before feeding a pup be sure to look at the protein and fat and calcium and calories in the Guaranteed Analysis. Start with a grade of 100: For every listing of "by-product", subtract 15 points For every non-specific animal source ("meat" or "poultry", meat, meal or fat) reference, subtract 10 points If there are no specific meats or meat meals, subtract 25 points For every grain "mill run" or non-specific grain source, or grain "middlings", subtract 10 points If the food contains BHA, BHT, or ethoxyquin, subtract 15 points If the same grain ingredient is used 2 or more times in the first five ingredients (i.e. "ground brown rice", "brewers rice", "rice flour" are all the same grain), subtract 5 points for each occurrence If the protein sources are not (specific) meat meal and there are less than 2 meats in the top 3 ingredients, subtract 3 points If it contains any artificial colorants, subtract 5 points If it contains ground corn or whole grain corn, subtract 3 points (subtract 5 if corn is listed in the top 5 ingredients) If the food contains any animal fat other than fish oil, subtract 3 points If lamb is the only animal protein source (unless your dog is allergic to other protein sources), subtract 2 points If it contains soy or soybeans, subtract 5 points If it contains wheat (unless you know that your dog isnÂt allergic to wheat), subtract 2 points If it contains beef (unless you know that your dog isnÂt allergic to beef), subtract 1 point If it contains salt, subtract 3 points If it contains corn syrup, molasses, or other added sweetener, subtract 10 points Extra Credit: For every different specific animal protein source (other than the first one; count "chicken" and "chicken meal" as only one protein source, but "chicken" and "turkey" as 2 different sources - do not count egg, cheese, or other similar ingredients), add 1 point If the food contains 3 or less different mentions of grains (or other high-carb plant-based foods like potatoes), add 5 points If any of the meat sources are organic, add 5 points (if the number 1 ingredient is organic meat, add 10 points) If the animal sources are hormone-free and antibiotic-free, add 3 points If the food is baked not extruded, add 5 points If the food contains probiotics, add 3 points If the food contains fruit or vegetables (NOT corn or other grains), add 3 points If the vegetables have been tested for pesticides and are pesticide-free, add 1 point If the food contains barley or oats or oatmeal, add 1 point If it contains sunflower, hemp, flaxseed, or other polyunsaturated vegetable oils, add 3 points (add 5 if it is the #1 fat) If the vitamin and mineral sources are chelated, add 5 points 94-100+ = A 86-93 = B 78-85 = C 70-77 = D **************************************************** If this info helps even one person find a better quality food then it was worth the time I spent digging it up again....See MoreHow Help Me Find helped me find peace and contentment
Comments (16)That is because of how the links work there. When you go to HMF and click on My HMF, you are redirected to your log-ed in page on HMF. It is the same generic link to every member and if you add that link to the forum, it will always redirect to your own page (or any other members own page, depends on who is clicking it). That's the link that looks like this: http://helpmefind.com/gardening/guest.php?tab=1 Now if you want to link to your garden so that other people see your garden, you have to log out, go to HMF member, Search your nick and then you will get the different link, that looks like: http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=99.377331 - that's unique member link. It's not very comfy way to link to the profile, and I could not figure the other way quickly, so searching member name is a bit easier imho. But maybe someone who had more coffee than me and does not have a whining baby and a whining cat, can figure that one out better. :P...See Morediscussion on vessel sink and need help finding right vessel sink
Comments (10)Well, its been over a month and Alice has not posted her pictures, tee hee! Personally, I have fallen in love with the vessel sinks. I saw them for the first time a few years ago in an upscale restaurant (in red). Then, I saw them offered in clear glass which I thought would be hard to keep clean and shiny with no waterspots. But since then I've discovered them in granite and have fallen in love with different colors and veining. My daughter and I have a plan to get one in the bathroom on her level. We are replacing a 4 foot vanity that has some water damage and in other ways is past its prime. I have access to a brand new 4 foot vanity with no top. I'd like to get a piece of granite (and if not granite I'll settle for 6" ceramic tiles) and cut a hole in to partially recess a granite vessel sink. I have found several on eBay that are very affordable....See MoreTell me about cooking in cast iron
Comments (39)My only skillets are 5 cast iron, 1 not (the one not is an excellent combo of Dutch oven/skillet, so I usually don't use it unless I'm making a stew or jambalaya or other casserole kind of thing. I have one BEST cast iron one. . . it's older than dirt and smoother than silk. Two are pretty "pebbly," and I'm careful about what I cook in them--stuff that is lots of oil and with foods that aren't are prone to stick. I just keep adding oil and lard and heating them up to 450-500 when I have time to think of it, and scrub the heck out of them with salt. . . they're getting better. . . I just got a brand new Lodge dutch oven. . . it's very pebbly. I know my husband wonders why I haven't used it yet. I'm dousing it with lard and heating it up (to 450-500) at times. . . scrubbing with salt. . . gotta get that pebbly finish worn down with filling it in with oil, I guess, and conversely, scrubbing. Counteractive? Maybe, but it seems to be getting a little more smooth. Rome wasn't built in a day, after all. LOL AND I'm yet one more who is frustrated and confused about how to get them to be perfect. . . But here's the best thing of all about cast iron. . . I've only been using this 5-cast-iron-skillet collection for 3 years. And my biceps are considerably more developed. And I have much more arm strength. What a great thing, and what a riot!! LOL Here's to cast iron!...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

FUN HOUZZHouzz Quiz: How to Find Your ‘Me Time’ Place
Looking for the best place in your house to soothe away your stress? We’re here to help
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESLove to Cook? You Need a Fan. Find the Right Kind for You
Don't send budget dollars up in smoke when you need new kitchen ventilation. Here are 9 top types to consider
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLHome Cooks: Show Us What You Love About Your Kitchen
What’s your recipe for the perfect cooking- and baking-friendly kitchen?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHere's Help for Your Next Appliance Shopping Trip
It may be time to think about your appliances in a new way. These guides can help you set up your kitchen for how you like to cook
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSTalking About the Budget Doesn’t Have to Be Awkward
These 4 tips can help when you’re discussing project costs with clients
Full Story
COLORYou Said It: ‘Adding Color Is About So Much More Than Shock’ and More
Highlights from the week include color advice, Houzzers helping Houzzers and architecture students building community housing
Full Story
ORGANIZINGDo It for the Kids! A Few Routines Help a Home Run More Smoothly
Not a Naturally Organized person? These tips can help you tackle the onslaught of papers, meals, laundry — and even help you find your keys
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESFind the Right Oven Arrangement for Your Kitchen
Have all the options for ovens, with or without cooktops and drawers, left you steamed? This guide will help you simmer down
Full Story
OUTDOOR KITCHENSYour Guide to Grills and More for Great Outdoor Cooking
Learn the pros and cons of gas versus charcoal grills, and about neat add-ons that let you do more
Full Story
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10