SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marissa_h_cheng

Black Tapware vs. Rose Gold/Brass Fixtures in Kitchen/Bath

Marissa
5 years ago

Hubby and I are doing home renovation at the moment and both of us love the contrasting look that black fixtures have and how sophisticated and modern these fixtures are compared to chrome. (Example)

But after doing some research, it seems like matte black fixtures are very high maintenance and we're concerned that

1. we have hard water, we do have whole house water filter, but still need rinse aid for dishwasher, otherwise, we end up with white water stains on dishes. I'm not sure if we can keep up with wiping the faucets clean after every use as suggested by some online articles.
  2. matte black fixtures may fade sooner compared to other finishes. But I can't find more details as to exactly how soon would fading occur.

Have you/anyone you know used matte black fixtures in any projects? What's the experience been like in terms of durability and maintenance? My other thought is to use Rose Gold/Brass colored fixtures to give a more sophisticated look without the potential maintenance issues, if anyone has experience with this color, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments (2)