SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

Eclectic vs. Consistent

Jess TKA
11 years ago

One of the things I always struggle with when decorating or buying new light fixtures, etc. is knowing the "rules" for matching metals and finishes and such. I love a lot of different styles and have difficulty choosing between them.

For example...

Do all the metal finishes in a kitchen need to be the same? If the faucet is chrome do you also need chrome island pendants, chrome drawer and cabinet pulls, and a chrome dining chandelier? Or could you have ORB light fixtures mixed with chrome knobs and pulls or vice-versa?

Should multiple bathrooms within a home all share consistent hardware and lighting? Or could you have a completely different style of lighting and fixtures in one bathroom compared to the next as long as all the fixtures within a single bathroom are consistent? Like have all ORB fixtures with seeded glass in one bathroom with all chrome or brushed nickel fixtures with white glass in another bathroom.

Don't even get me started on my shared love for modern and vintage/antique furnishings. I always get stumped on which direction to go because I want to incorporate a little of everything without making a room or house look completely disjointed.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions