SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

Selling my house: go neutral or stay consistent?

amysrq
16 years ago

I am getting ready to sell my "forever" house. We remodeled the front of the house - kitchen, LR, MBR + bath - and we did it all to our taste, which includes color and a mix of styles. People love it and I am going to try to sell it as is, rather than beige-ing it all down.

So, now I am looking at spiffing up the back of the house - guest bath and DD's bath specifically. I've decided the dated wallpaper needs to go and the easiest thing to do is just replace the wallpaper with new. I am wondering if I should choose an interesting, though NOT over the top design, or stay with something really neutral/boring.

I just can't get excited about the neutral stuff and the bathrooms are kind of not my taste either, beige stone-looking porcelain tile, etc. Just thinking that something with some interest would be very nice, would make someone say "hey that's cute" when they see it.

My major concern is that I think the house should feel consistent. Nice colors elsewhere, good furniture, it all flows...until WHUMP, you find these dull beige bathrooms that just don't fit. What would you do?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville