SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joshua_pruegert

Open concept design help. Pictures included.

Joshua Pruegert
5 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to decorate our entry way, dining, living, and kitchen that is basically all one big room (part of the kitchen is hidden). Me and my wife want a mostly traditional look with hints of transitional to help the modern day applicances flow throughout the house and we have kids and dogs. Provided are pictures our home main living quaters to help illustrate what it all looks like from different angles. Also provided is a picture of an area rug we purchased for the living room which will be fully visible are soon as you walk in the door. the only thing that must stay is the recliner, couch, tapestry on fireplace, dining room table, tv and new rug.

We plan on replacing the trim/doors/window seals with white and probably painting the fireplace/kitchen cabnets white as well. Also in the future we plan on making the entire hallway living and dining all the same type of wood flooring.

Main areas in question are

1.) the entry way (what size and kind rug, also agaisnt the wall what to use? dont like current entryway table but only have 14 1/4 inch depth so the door can upon 90°).

2.) dining room. do we keep the china cabinet? do we get a rug for undearneath and if so how that will work as far as not overlaping/clashing with the entry way rug and living room rug and path from hall to kitchen?

1. window dressings for all the windows in the living room, kitchen, and front door?

4.) Kitchen. cabinets rugs in main kitchen and at back door what type color ect..

5.) overall how to tie it all together.

In essence we want a space that is traditional/transitional yet casual enough for small children and dog and easy/low maintenance cleaning.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County