SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kashirat_gw

Help Designing kitchen in Open Concept

kashirat
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of building a new house and am in the design process with an architecture firm. I'd like some opinions about an existing layout that I've sketched out in terms of how functional the kitchen would be.

We went for a very open concept space and because of this, the kitchen is somewhat limited in layout. Basically we've got a large pantry, and two parallel counter spaces with the sink on the bar and about 8 feet of counter top against the wall (not including stove, and fridge which are also on the wall). One of my major concerns is the centre of the main floor is very empty and it would be nice if the kitchen could somehow utilize this space.

I'd also like to install a wall oven / microwave which hasn't been shown in the layout -- likely reducing further the counter space on the wall. We haven't really given too much critical thought to the layout of the appliances in the kitchen outside of what seems is 'standard' for most homes. Hopefully someone could provide us some guidance on if we are on a decent track functionally, or if there are any major deficiencies in this rough layout.

Thanks!

Comments (9)