SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_503722893

Empty wall in bathroom + high ceilings make the whole room look empty

Karen Fritz
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I recently moved into a new place and am having a problem with how large the bathroom is. It has a (very) small 'walkway' like area (where the linen closet and washer and dryer are, both in closets) before entering into the 'main show'. In the corner next to the wall closest to the 'walkway' is a tiny counter with a mirror on both sides (one bigger than the other). On the other side is the toilet. Across from these is the shower. My problem is that I have no idea what to put on that very large open wall. Another issue is that the shower rack is not centered in the wall and is closer to the shower and the toilet paper holder is (for my taste) too far and low from the toilet. Nothing I can picture would look good in this (large) space. The walls are a beigey cream, and the bathroom is mainly kept with black and white decor right now. There also is such a high ceiling that the gap between the shower and ceiling looks off. The high ceiling is also an issue for the large wall. There also is only the lights above the main mirror, making the 'walkway' and rest of the bathroom kind of dark.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to decorate this area, I'm renting so I can't make much change.

Comment (1)