SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jorrync

Help Picking Paint Colors for Trim/Ceiling/Walls!!

Jo
5 years ago

Here is what I am working with so far:

Kitchen cabinets: SW Colonnade Grey (50% brighter) they go all the way to the ceiling

Kitchen countertops: quartz Strato

Kitchen backsplash: Villa Artisan Oyster tile (the way the kitchen is laid out, tile & cabinets will cover all the wall space in the kitchen, leaving no room for paint color)

Floors: NuCore coffee oak throughout

The kitchen, dining and living room are all open to each other. Living room has shiplap and faux beams on ceiling, I plan on painting it all white since it is a lower ceiling. The kitchen and dining get the least amount of light as the windows are more N/NW-facing. The living room gets a decent amount of light as it has SW-facing windows.

I like SW Snowbound, but not sure if I can use it for my trim, walls and ceiling? Will that be too much? Is there a softer, creamier, but still clean-looking white wall color I can use with Snowbound trim and ceilings? That way I can do my living room cabinets in Snowbound, also, to match the trim, but they won't completely fade into the walls?

Some suggested SW Alabaster, and it was quite pretty, but I prefer a lighter shade, and it looked more yellow than we preferred. It seemed a bit jarring with the Snowbound, but maybe it was just the time of day and lighting in the living room. SW Shoji White looked like a solid grey on our walls.

I have not tired any BM samples yet as the stores are out of the way for me, but am willing to go get samples if I can narrow it down to 2-3.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (4)